“Good food but don't deviate from menu!”
Review of Macchiato

Macchiato
Ranked #261 of 6,519 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Italian restaurant, authentic woodfire pizzeria and in-house coffee roaster located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have just returned from the restaurant and although the food is good, I was very disappointed and thought it quite bizarre that when I asked if chips could be replaced with rice for my meal, I was told no ,as the restaurant was very busy and the chef couldn't do that. (Even though my husband was having rice with his meal!) I wouldn't have thought this was a culinary challenge? Shame!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in the area on a Friday night looking for a cafe/restaurant to grab some dessert after dinner. I suggested Macchiato as it had been a few years since I'd dined there.

Our group of 10 was turned away at the door after we informed them that we had already eaten dinner but were after drinks and desserts. The 'official' reason was that their kitchen was only open for 'mains' and not dessert. I found that fairly had to believe given that it was 9pm and there were still plenty of diners. Reading in between the lines we were turned away as we would not be a sufficient ' pay cheque'. I find the concept offensive, and the fact that one of our friends was on crutches made it or the more inconvenient. I will never return or recommend Macchiato again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

we visit this restaurant few times some times for a breakfast, some time for lunch and some others just to have a beer, we select this place as a operations center, because its location and because they have wfi free. we were looking for an apartment around so it was very helpfull
the food is very good, athmosphere is ok, we probably get back again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went to Macchiato on a Saturday morning just after 9am. Was quite busy for a Saturday morning. Service was quick, food was served quick and food was fantastic. Staff were also very friendly. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Found this small café had a omelette with chorizo and coffee service rapidand prompt, omelette was good. Would come back and have breakfast again