“Very good restaurant with French flair & excellent service !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Snail

Little Snail
Ranked #32 of 5,815 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: The little snail restaurant is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, offering a la carte options or a set menu at $38 for lunch and $60 for dinner. Best place to park: Wilson Parking, 100 Murray Street ( We do not validate parking's ticket )
Terrigal, Australia
“Very good restaurant with French flair & excellent service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

We paid $69 for a 3-course meal for two persons- including bottle of wine, through Scoopon - coupons so we may have been given a basic meal - didn't get to see the normal lunchtime menu.

Excellent service - attentive and very polite staff, some with obvious French accent. Food was good without being super good - however the overall experience was enjoyed.

With the coupon deal each couple receives a bottle of house wine (Rothbury Estate - good), we couldn't possibly drink two bottles at lunchtime (2 couples) staff member suggested exchanging the wine for coffee/tea - thank you!

Staff went the extra mile by finding some peppermint tea for my wife - when initially staff member was of the opinion that they didn't serve peppermint tea - again thank you !

Bit of a mix up at the conclusion of meal - when we had presented pre-paid coupons on arrival and at the end of the meal being presented with a bill !
Easily understood, staff were very busy with a wedding reception and crowd.

The restaurant was very noisy - due to the wedding group etc. When we were leaving there were people waiting at the door for a table - book ahead !

• Visited November 2011

• Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
“Superb Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

From the moment of walking through the door, I found we were treated very well by the friendly staff. They were all very polite and were smiling. The restaurant itself is located just next to Darling Harbour and with the large glass windows, offers a great view of the harbour.
The food also did not disappoint. The portions were large and very tasty. We all had 3 courses and were completely full by the time we left.
I will certainly return and would recommend a visit for anyone who likes French food. The price overall was very reasonable and the service by the staff top notch.
Thanks for a great meal.

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dining experience... Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Best food and service we've had in a very long time. The food was divine and everything was cooked to perfection. Great atmosphere and excellent service. Best of all, we only paid $69 for a 3-course meal for two persons. We got this deal from Scoopon.

1 Thank RichardnWendy
Canberra
“Charming, elegant, welcoming and shockingly refreshing - true table d'hôtel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Eating dinner by oneself in a strange city is always a challenge. Being female is an additional hurdle ( I always carry a book) and - how foolish - ill . . . . what can I say?
The maître d' (or perhaps just the restaurant manager) of my hotel surprisingly told an early diner wishing to eat in a restaurant that appeared to be mostly empty, that there was at least a 20 min wait for a table. No, I do not wish to go to the bar.
I walked down the road to the restaurant that I had seen from the cab.
Yes, dear reader, they were able to seat a single female diner - immediately.
A female diner, small, tired, and not wishing to consume a quantity of food usually avoids table d'hôte. But, the food was fresh (probably local although not described as such), simply, elegantly and delicately presented; for me, the portion size was just right for showcasing the flavours of the food and tempting an appetite - suppressed by a cold - for good food ; three courses enabled a selection of dishes to savour; the wines - available by the glass - I could select to go with the different dishes; the ambience was quiet; the palette white - van Gogh and Klimt prints on the walls; windows looked out to the harbour and pedestrians walking over the footbridges; Asian honeymooning couples ate snails; the business meetings . . . expense accounts . . . not enjoying the food?
And, as I went to leave, taking with me my snuffles, sneezes, dripping nose and disabled taste buds, this maître d' sympathetically offered to fix me a medicinal grog. Cognac, hot milk, honey . . . I was sorely tempted, medicinal grog I know only from the pages of Georgette Heyer, but there had been an armagnac on the wine list. It contrasted very nicely with a creme caramel that dissolved on the lips and so I declined the grog. Although next time that I am in Sydney . . .

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Amyrlin
Hong Kong, China
“Lacking service & space”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The entire downstairs area was served by one waitress, so we had to wait a long time to catch her attention. We were given a small table usually to fit 2 adults, yet we had 3 adults & a baby pram (already specified this when booking over the phone). Very cramped space & pram had to be placed behind my seat & touching the neighbouring table. Not to mention there was no ramp/lift access so we had to lift the pram up the steps. Upstairs area was fully booked for a corporate function so we could hear loud microphone speeches all evening.
Food was reasonably priced and average.

• Visited July 2011