“Overpriced”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ok haven’t been to this restaurant in a very long time and it was definitely not how I remembered it, I remember great food not over priced good balanced menu, however I was in for a shock, food limited choices if you’re a vegetarian small portions and VERY VERY did I say VERY overpriced..once upon a time I would have recommended this place, now alas …can’t recommend it I’m sorry to say.

• Visited February 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Great Omelettes, Salad and Lamb”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went with a group of friends as I've heard of the famous omelettes. Everything that we had was good, it's not cheap but it's not too outrageous either - dining in Sydney is generally expensive, especially in the city. Nice, friendly staff.
The only disappointment? They have Crepe Suzette on the menu and it hasn't been available the two times I've been there. Where's the Crepes?! They better be there next time...

• Visited November 2012
Sydney
“Utterly terrible food, unpleasant service, rip off”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cannot say strongly enough to avoid this restaurant.

The food started out with very ordinary entrées - extremely overpriced for what they deliver - just ordinary bread with patte. Snails were tiny and over dressed.

Really went downhill with the mains. Steak was dry and of the quality you would expect at a pub. The fish was flavourless, dry and hard, overcooked to the point where parts of it were burnt black and we could smell the charcoal. It had to be sent back to the kitchen.

Side dishes like chips and salad were very ordinary - no effort put in at all.

Seriously, this is the kind food you would expect to find at an RSL club. It's a joke.

Wait staff were pretty unprofessional for what you'd expect at a restaurant like this. At least one of them could barely speak English and had to keep referring us to her colleague whenever a request was made.

Decor doesn't go together well and ambience feels like a cheap tourist restaurant.

Overall, a pretty bad restaurant and well overpriced.

If you want good French food and friendly service, go to "Le Pub" on the corner of York and King St instead.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank SydneyJamesK
Melbourne, Australia
“Good steaks”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was quite late on a Friday night of the long weekend but the lovely waiter still let our table of 4 come in and order a late dinner. Three of us had steaks - Chateaubriand and Torneado style, the fourth had a lobster and prawn cream crepe. All very satisfactory, side salads were a but ho-hum.

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful find”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stumbled over this restaurant while wandering one night on a trip to Sydney. We hadn't planned to eat at a restaurant, so weren't as dressed up as we would have liked. This was no concern for the lovely staff at the restaurant who treated us with the same wonderful attention and friendliness that they showed all the other patrons. The lighting was of that wonderful quality where you see your food but erase your wrinkles. We had a bread, my husband an entree, both of us had a main, and we shared a dessert plate and a bottle of French wine. Both of us had steak for our main and each was cooked superbly, mine medium rare and medium for my husband. My husband's entree of prawns was generous in size and I could smell the flavour as he confirmed how wonderful the taste was. Our shared dessert tasting plate was extremely generous, and my husband, who does not normally have a sweet tooth, ate the vast majority of the creme brulee. While it was pricey it was worth it, and I would highly recommend this restaurant to lovers of fine food.

• Visited December 2012