“Pleasant place to eat”

Cuisines: Irish, Australian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Iconic venue Jacksons on George is home to PJ Gallagher's Irish Whiskey Bar, Magners Rooftop Cider Bar and Temple Bar. The 4 level venue offers an authentic Irish escape from bustling George Street with a fine pub menu and beverage list catering to local workers and Sydney visitors.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Good choice of food and drinks, not too noisy and handy to Circular Quay. Service was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

this is one of those bars that's only good if your already drunk, its trashy and has cheap drinks, i wouldn't suggest coming here unless it was a bucks night and maybe you got kicked out of every other place in the city. ladies be careful its usually full of creepers!

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at four seasons and came down for breakfast this morning. Omg im still disappointed. I ordered the American only to be told someone ordered the sour dough bread before me so I cant have any.... um sunday breakfast u dont have sour dough? Than I asked for hollandaise sauce. The answer ... we dont make that here. Food comes out home made beef sausage um no .... woolworths snag yes I think so. My whole meal was cold I could not finsh it. Ever had cold slimey eggs just GROSS . Than we walk to the rocks to see people everywhere enjoying sunday brunch which looked INSANE I will never step foot I here again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stopped in Jackson's on George to get a quick meal while in the Rocks/Circular Quay area on our way back from Bondi. It was late in the day for Lunch so the place was pretty empty. The pub area opens up to George Street and if that is to loud for you they have inside seating also.
Typical pub, order and pay at the bar, find a seat and they bring your meal to you.
Bar tender was kind, helpful and on the spot with our order and drinks. I really wanted a burger but the bar tender talked me into the Steak & Guinness Pie, said it was the house special. He Wasn't wrong, it was really good, hot and filling. I enjoyed the unique flavor of the Guinness gravy and the steak was melt in your mouth tender. My wife was being good, so she had the Chicken Caesar Salad which was a decent size salad. We both enjoyed out meal.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I usually come here for breakfast when in Sydney due to the size, quality and price of the food. However, it seems to have changed hands since last year, and it has become pricier for lesser quality. For $16, I expected more than 1 single sausage, a tiny roasted tomato, 2 bits of toast, some bacon and 2 eggs. I was also disappointed to see that the bottomless filtered coffee option was gone.

Though staff were friendly and efficient (perhaps too efficient, my food took a surprisingly short time to be ready), it's just not what it used to be.