“Friendly Bar Man - Casual Dining”
Review of Jacksons on George

Jacksons on George
Ranked #2,036 of 5,862 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Irish, Australian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Iconic venue Jacksons on George is home to PJ Gallagher's Irish Whiskey Bar, Magners Rooftop Cider Bar and Temple Bar. The 4 level venue offers an authentic Irish escape from bustling George Street with a fine pub menu and beverage list catering to local workers and Sydney visitors.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Friendly Bar Man - Casual Dining”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have eaten here several times over the years! Staying at Four Seasons across the road made this an easy no hassle dining option. Food is nice, tasty especially the Guiness Steak Pie!! Bar man was lovely letting us try several tastings to determine which Chardonnay we wanted! Salmon was slightly over done, fish and chips were lovely. It is what it is cheap and cheerful!

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Brisbane
“Plenty of room inside even on a Saturday night”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Best Guinness steak pie and very reasonable cost. Pastry top was to die for but they were a bit short on the mash ( which was heavenly) and the mushy peas.

Visited February 2014
Devonport, Australia
“Relaxed and friendly service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Just in need of a meal at 930pm on Friday night we came across this pub. Nice beer,well proportioned meal and nicely presented and tasty. Reasonable price considering location too.

carlisle
“Good food on Gearge St”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good filling food at reasonable prices for central Sydney. Very pleasant atmosphere and close to circularl quay

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good location, venue & music but... not good quality grill”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend this place for the location, the venue and the music (great), but... not for the grill. My partner and I are currently looking for a place to have good grilled meat at an average price. So we've been to 3 different places in the past sundays to have sirloin steaks with pepercorn sauce everytime. This was the 3rd restaurant we visited and... the last one we would recommend for the grill at this stage (behind PJ Gallagher at EQ and the Cogee Bay hotel). We were served 2 different sizes of steak (he had a pretty big one which seemed to be close to the announced '280g' - I had quite a small one obviously below 200g...). The steaks were set on the top of a very small quantity of mashed potatoes along with a small sauce boat placed in the plate. So once you took the sauce boat off the plate, there wasn't much left to eat... The meat was average quality / ok. The peppercorn sauce tasted like... water : It tasted like it had been diluted with water... The mash was ok but the quantity was poor. We paid 59$ + drinks and were still hungry when leaving the table... One-hour after our meal, we had a light lunch in the Rocks again. Quite disappointing ! I was expecting more after reading the previous ratings. The service was ok. The venue is quite good (I knew the place as I sometimes hangout there with my girlfriends and I enjoy the music and the top floor bar) but as for the food, I won't get anything else but burgers or snacks (which are ok) from there again. Too pricey to my taste for what you get. My thumb up for the sunny terrace and the music, but not for the grill...

• Visited October 2013