“Food with a view”

Flying Fish Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with
Flying Fish Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 5,839 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City West
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Food with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not only is the food great but the view is superb and well worth a visit if a bit expensive but for a special occasion - what a deal.

We tried the six course banquet which came with accompanying wines so a leisurely evening with friends and great ambience.

set on the wharf parking can be a problem but if you book ahead then a space can be reserved.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“A great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Sydney. A very interesting location as well. Instructions for parking can be arranged if you ring the restaurant. Good food with care.

1 Thank Helen319
Avoca Beach, New South Wales, Australia
“Treated like a star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Yes it was my birthday and treated like a star, service, location and wow the food is fantastic !!
Everything I'd expected and more.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank John B
Victoria, Australia
“Seafood at it's best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lunched here on a weekday, had a lovely table near the water. Food was superb, service was attentive.
Definitely worth a visit

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank goslats
mycheekyangel
“It was opposite day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything we asked for we didn't get.

Our group was travelling from Melbourne so I asked for a table with a view. Instead we got the worst table in the restaurant, so close to the bar that I hit my head whenever I got up (you'd think I would have learned). And yet another table with a better view wasn't used until 3 hours later! I rang a couple of hours earlier to say someone from our party wasn't going to come, and they thanked me, but the table was still set up for 6 not 5 when we got there. Someone asked for a serviette and didn't get it. We asked for a few more minutes to order drinks, no-one came back. The drinks waiter was never around so our glasses were constantly empty and we had to ask for top ups.

Many other more small issues which I won't document, but they all add up considering the prestige and cost of the restaurant.....we spent $1,500 after all.

Customers need to come first, even if we were a group of nobody's.....service needs to be improved! .

The food was delicious, though. Can't fault that....we had three different types of shellfish - messy but delicious.

That's why I give my rating - it's average for the what I spent, but certainly the restaurant is still better than most.

• Visited February 2013