“Fabulous location”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely evening watching the sun set and the lights of Darling Harbour turn on.
Very friendly waitress and we enjoyed the food. They have a chef's special , which is a choice of 2 or 3 dishes for about $40/$50 . It wasn't written on the menu and we only found out by asking about the specials of the day.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I couldn’t agree more with the previous review describing Coast as an overpriced dining hall. This restaurant has a lot of potential but sadly, they have missed the mark. I went with Colleagues for a work night out, involving canapés on the deck and then a set meal inside. Overall the food was ok, but did not match up to the level in regards to pricing and the restaurant’s setting. They have a lovely canvas to work with, being right on the harbour with a beautiful overlooking deck, but they seem content with delivering food MKR contestants could dish up from wait staff dressed in jersey cotton tee shirts.

I ordered a spaghetti dish with chilli and pangrattato, much to my delight it was served with mussels, despite poor form how it wasn’t mentioned on our set menu print-out. Unfortunately there were some small pieces of broken shell in my pasta. Other than this, the mussels were lovely, but overall the dish was plain and average. Not enough pangrattato and not enough season or olive oil.

They did put together some lovely mezze plates with some really lovely baba ghanoush and hummus. The Pate was also divine.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant a number of times and keep going back. It is excellent! The food is good and the staff are always very professional.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend and I ate at Coast last night with a voucher. The food was terrible. I had the scallop pie for entrée which was burnt on the bottom and dried out. For main I had the spaghetti with clams which was dried out no sauce or flavour. My companion had the same entree as In and then an over cooked bit of barramundi for main. Even with the voucher which effectively makes the restaurant half priced it is still far too much money to pay for the rubbish that was served.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My partner and I brought an $89 voucher for Coast that allows you a spend of $200.
I read the previous reviews on the restaurant and was a little skeptical. I actually found the staff to be very helpful and I personally couldn't fault the service. In terms of the place itself, I think we were lucky with it being a busy night, however if you were there on a quiet night I can see how it would have a horrible atmosphere, it is basically in a very long room with a high ceiling. The drinks menu was excellent with many choices for wine.
In terms of the food, I thought the menu had a good, varied selection and slightly pricey but I thought 'we are on Darling Harbour and the menu suggests that the food is "fine dining"....it is far from that. I had the Beer Battered Flat Head, which was very nice, however at $38 including a side, I have had just as good for $20 a Winston Hills Hotel. My boyfriend ordered the Scotch Fillet and it was cooked perfectly, however when it turned up it did not look appertising one bit, it was served with mushrooms and spinch that looked flat, and a horseradish marscapone that was just a dollop. Depsite the steak being cooked correctly when it is priced at $45 you expect the presentation to be a little more "a la carte looking". We then had the Baked Chocolate...again poor presentation for a $20 dessert and if you are like me and actually expect something chocolately then do not order this, it tasted like it had chilli in it and tasted nothing like chocolate.
I am glad we had the voucher because no way would I pay the prices they charge for what you get whether on the harbour or not. Despite the main being enjoyable I would not return.