“Yummy!”

China Doll
Ranked #22 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City East
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's modern Asian cuisine, mixture of chinese food and those from south east asia. The restaurant was packed on the night I was there for dinner. It was early week not weekend! Advanced reservation is advisable. I had prawn dumpling with green bean and red vinegar, steamed scallops with ginger for starters. The marinade fr the scallops though strong and spicy did not overwhelm their freshness. For mains I had organic wok fried beef fillet with capsicum and cumin eaten with jasmine rice. It was fabulously spicy but not too spicy. The beef was tender and juicy. It's simply delicious! Though the wait staff were polite and knowledgeable of the food, it was hard to get their attention especially on busy night. Worth repeat visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I must say I am not a fan of Sydney in general, however, our most recent visit included our first dining experience at China Doll. In short, it was fabulous and we will return on our next visit for another China Doll experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Looked like they might just be remodeling but I would call first. Based on reviews we were keen to try it. Lovely area. Have it 5 stars as did not feel it fair to pull down its rankings but did want people aware to call.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ate here with 15 business colleagues, had the banquet. Beautiful food, probably not enough though in my opinion, but beautiful nonetheless. First few dishes, there simply wasnt even enough for everyone to try the dish! Chilli calamari and Tea smoked duck were the highlight. Service very good, would recommend.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

China Doll has officially become my favourite restaurant in Sydney. I had heard of this restaurant for a while, but only dined there for the first time 18 months ago. Since then, I have been back five times and have also recommended it to lots of friends, as well as booking it for work functions. I love it.

The cocktails are great and the food is fabulous. I have managed to sample nearly everything on the menu and have not been disappointed with anything. Each time the staff have been friendly and accommodating, without being over the top and hovering, to the point of annoying. The restaurant is not cheap, but definitely not expensive. The beverages can certainly bump your price up, but please don’t be deterred by this.

I prefer this restaurant as a lunch option, rather than dinner, as you can experience the view and atmosphere during the day, whereas not so much at night. But yet, still great.

One of the greatest things about this restaurant, is that they allow you to order half serves of many items, allowing you to experience more choices. It is certainly the way to go! People ask me what type of food is served, my response is - modern Asian influenced.

Would I recommend this restaurant? Absolutely. Whether you are a local, from interstate or from overseas, you won’t be disappointed.

Regards