“FANTASTIC Chinese Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of China Doll

China Doll
4/6 Cowper Wharf Road | Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (City East)
02 9380 6744
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 5,341 Restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City East
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This would have to be the ELITE of chinese food. As I'm not fond of Chinese fond I was hesitant in going but after having their scrumptious dinner one night...I have not been able to stop going....LOVE LOVE LOVE.. Highly recommend :)

Visited March 2013

Eumundi, Australia
“Great food in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved the food,service was great and the place was really pumping, perfect location for people watching, we even spied a celebrity !
The duck pancakes and wontons were delicious as were all our courses, which were very generous and plenty for four to share, would definately go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced for what it offers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant was good and I have nothing against it but I've come to think that if you want Chinese nothing beats Chinatown. Upmarket Chinese just did not do it for me and on the value for money scale I think Chinatown does it 100 times better by weeding out poor performers so you get consistently good quality.

“Spot on! Modern, slick and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great location. Best wontons I think I have ever had (black bean and chilli sauce I think?), generally interesting and delicious menu, professional and helpful service, and not stupidly priced. Awesome salt chilli squid - a real bite and melt in your mouth tender. Yum - missing it already. Makes me wish I lived in Sydney. Asian with a twist.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Been here a couple of times now and enjoyed both evenings. Attentive staff and wonderful food...I have a seafood allergy so I'm nervous eating out in Asian style restaurants- it wasn't a problem. The seating inside can get a little too close, our table of two sitting next to a rather loud table of four.. All in all an enjoyable place to dine. Will be a regular I'm sure..
Highly recommend