“Fresh Unique Asian Cuisine!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Billy Kwong
Ranked #26 of 5,815 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fresh Unique Asian Cuisine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Especially went out of our way to eat here as we were staying in the CBD and Surrey Hills in my view is almost like a city fringe area. We planned to eat in restaurants by Aussie celebrity chef's for this visit so was really keen to dine in at Kylie Kwong's resto. Food was great, fresh and I say unique coz it's modernising Asian food due to their great fusion with western cuisine. Loved the duck and the wallaby ox tail that you eat with lettuce, similar to pecking duck only the meat used was wallaby. Service was quick and friendly, we had to wait for about 20 mins to be seated as we didn't book but all worth the wait. will come back again and recommend to friends.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“Modern Chinese at its BEST in Sydney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was never a fan of Chinese food, then i tried Billy Kwong and im convereted.
The ambience is amazing, we were unable to make reservations as this is agaianst there policy. Having shown up on the night to be told that our table would be ready shortly, we briefly tucked across the road and grabbed a drink at the Dolpin. We sat on POKY little tables that made sharing our plates all to easy and gave it a bit of a authentic chinese feeling. Food was amazing & easy to share. I cant wait to go back.

Dallas, Texas
“Peking Duck- enough said”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

So we were on holiday and had dinner with local friends from Sydney and this was their recommendation. Wow, what a meal! This place is small and delicious and everything we had was out of this world. This was my first duck and I am sure it will be difficult to beat this meal; if we had not been with firends I would have licked the plate-

Perth, Australia
“Celebrity chef - translates to mean good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was pleasantly surprised that the food was very Chinese - I expected a very westernised cooking style. This translates to mean generous amounts of chilli, no apologies for use of oil, and rustic.

No peanuts upon arrival, not taking our order promptly, and even mistaking orders at another table. This translates to mean understaffed. There were 3 wait staff in total on a Friday night and I think they need 4. As the crowds died down, I noticed the service levels improved dramatically.

The place is small and aims for a casual feel - translates to mean the fine dining prices charged are not reasonable.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice restaurant in Surry Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant whilte visiting Sydney. We met friends there, and we really enjoyed the food as well as the ambience. We had the steamed prawn wontons and lettuce wraps as appetizers and the crispy duck as the main. The duck was simply amazing, probably the best I have ever had. Can't wait to go back.