“Good food, friendly service...”
Review of Bar Reggio

Bar Reggio
Ranked #369 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We arrived in Sydney on a busy Friday evening and without a booking managed to score a table in the rear courtyard within five minutes. The staff were very busy but were friendly and professional throughout - making you feel special despite the crowd attending.
Food was excellent, the kids shared a tasty pizza whilst mum and dad had pasta. Fresh, hot and very flavoursome with cold drinks and the whole meal didn't cost the earth.
Highly recommended - the only con was the solitary smoker who despite being vastly outnumbered, did draw some critical glances when he lit up as everyone else ate...

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Firstly, yes it is BYO :-)
This is the second time I have eaten at Bar Reggio. It was not my choice of restaurant but I was happy we went. Their Pizzas are good and their pastas not too bad either. We chose three different Pizzas Hawaiian, Prawn and Meat Lovers (not on menu). What I love about the pizzas is the thin base. You feel full, but not bloated the following day.

Sadly, I didn't have room for dessert. Four of us went to eat there and we shared six main dishes (three pizzas, two prawn pastas and a oxtopus salad) and a garlic bread with two drinks and the cost was $114. I think that is very reasonable for Sydney restaurant prices.

The service was ok for us on the night as it gets very busy. Ensure that you book a table and if possible get there early as it can be noisy.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I understand you have to wait at Reggio. That's fine and part of the deal when your eating good food for $20. So when you leave your name and are told 30mins that's ok. There are some fantastic bars around like shady rose or love Tilly Devine. So it's easy to spend some time. The problem is when 30 mins is 75mins. These things do happen I guess but shouldn't when there are spare seats in the restaurant. I asked the manager when we were to be seated and was told that's where I'm up to on my list. So we wait for the 2 people on the list in front of us to finally show up. Eventually we are seated. 45 mins after we are told, at the table that has been free for half an hour. Infuriating. Then we are given hot wine glasses for our white wine, and 6 couples who are seated after us have their order taken before we do. The food is good as always. It's not world beating but you don't expect it for the price. What you do expect is that a quick inexpensive meal at a local restaurant at 7 pm shouldnt end up being a 3 1/2 hour ordeal. We won't be going back.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a place frequented by many Sydney locals. It's packed every night, so if you don't have a reservation be prepared to get there early, or put your name down at the door and pop across the road to the local pub for a beer while you wait for your table.

It's very loud (because it's very busy) but that's all part of the fun. It has a lively fun atmosphere and all types of patrons!

The smell of garlic when you walk in the door is fantastic.

The servings are big, and the food is good and hearty, they will add extra garlic, or chilli, or whatever you fancy to tailor your dish to your liking. My favourite is the puttanesca, with extra chilli & garlic.

The service is good, they are always very busy so don't expect silver service style or anything, but they are used to being busy and buzzing and are always joking and friendly and rushing around.

You can bring your own wine, and have a great meal here easily for roughly $20 per person, and walk out feeling full and very satisfied.

It's a must do for any Sydney local, or any tourist who wants to eat where the locals eat!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Bar Regios has the best atmosphere in town with good quality Italian cuisine. It is not expensive for the quality of food it produces. The atmosphere is as Italian as you will ever get in Sydney. I thoroughly recommend it. It is BYO - the corkage is minimal. It is better to be outside for a long boozy lunch. I don't recommend being inside as it is too noisy.