“A convenient place to catch a bite before a show”
Review of Ablaze Grill + Bar - CLOSED

Ablaze Grill + Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

There haven't been many reviews for this establishment and some have been rather unkind.

Unless you know that it's there it is not all that easy to find even though it is within walking distance of all the attractions in the Moore Park complex. Because it is in the Entertainment Quarter, parking is easy and your parking ticket, after being stamped by Ablaze, gives you a big parking discount.

The best area to sit is on the balcony as it is less noisy. Our dishes came quickly and were tasty and well-presented. Those that had tapas enjoyed their haloumi, hummus, meat balls, wings, garlic mushrooms, patat brava and calamari.

Full meals are also available and the New York strip with peri-peri sauce was well received.

The desserts, however, were a letdown and the riccota pear and sticky date were not up to scratch.

The bill worked out at about $40 each which is good value, considering what we had.

There are newer reviews for Ablaze Grill + Bar

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I ate there before a show last night. He ordered the mixed meat platter and loved it. I ordered the Barra with cous cous. To be honest my meal was dry and a bit of a disappointment. The garlic mushrooms on the tapas menu were sensational.

Our server was friendly and attentive.

I think the message here is choose your dish wisely.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family and I decided to dine here for lunch before going to the movies. I tried the deluxe chicken burger. It was a bit bland but not too bad. However the chips were so good! I couldn't stop eating them!! Overall not fantastic but not too bad either.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

my wife and i ate prior to the circus, i got there best stake, it was tough and very chewy, it only came with chips for $30 odds dollars, i have had better for $10 at the local pub.
my with got the Peri Peri chicken, it to was very dry, the sauce well you can get better from your local supermarket, she to did not finish it. overall the place was nice the service was fair, it was overpriced for the small amount of food.
You would need to pick up your act if you wish to stay in business, and if you are going buy cheap cuts of meat, then you need to slow cook them prior to serving to aviod it being tough, the coupple next to us also left there meat after a bite or two as it was to chewy to eat.
Rob