“Enjoyable atmosphere, good tasting food”
Review of African Feeling Cafe - CLOSED

African Feeling Cafe
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Newtown
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Return visit. No booking but able to get a table for 2 early evening but they were busy with several large groups. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was very tasty especially the Ndebele, although the stir fried eggplant was a little oily. Good atmosphere.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to this place on a voucher and without. Both times service was great very attentive. Food came out quick and staff were always helpful with selection of dishes. The portion sizes are good for the price. You won't walk it hungry ! Hasn't been packed either time I went and I was easily able to make reservations . Will definitely return !

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had dinner at African Feeling tonight (I had the goat dish from Ghana, some rice, Jollof Rice, and some of wraps). The goat was fresh and tender, and the rice was good, as were the wraps. I wish that I had known that the food was prepared standard mild and that one had to ask to have hot spices included in one's dish(es). Next time, I'll definitely request a little spice to my food. After all, what's African food without a little heat.

All in all, the food was good, but not as authentic as African food as you'll find on the continent or even in the US/other places with many African immigrants.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were attracted to the menu and idea of sampling exotic African cuisine. The food was exotic but there was only one waitress for a full restaurant and it looked like one chef and everything took a very long time and when it arrived it was served and appeared to have been cooked in a hurry which is understandable if they are so understaffed. They also need to put on different DVDs as we must have seen the same DVD 20 times in one dinner. We were glad to have had the opportunity to try African cuisine but it would need to sort out their operational issues if we were ever to go back and not make it a "oncer".

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Another Groupon deal but this one was pretty good. 2 sodas, 1 entre, 2 mains, and 2 desserts for $30. After looking at the menu, the original prices are way higher than I would pay but with the deal it was a great meal. Very tasty vegetarian options, however I do NOT recommend the Yam main. The side sauce is good but your meal is mostly cooked yam with no spices, not even salt or pepper. A very bland result. Pumpkin stew was tasty, plantain entre was delish (esp the sauce!) and ice cream was my favourite of our 2 dessert options. Get the Groupon and enjoy! And be patient. There's only one hard-working girl doing all of te seating, serving and bussing.