“Fantastic location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ladyd123
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful apartment, stunning view, TERRIBLE LOCATION! APARTMENT BUILDING ITSELF IS NOT KEPT SECURE OR CLEAN!”
Reviewed February 26, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

I will start by saying that the actual apartment in itself is beautiful. The building that the apartment is in is less than desirable. Upon our arrival, I was surprised at the condition of the actual apartment building. Very dingy, windows broken out in all of the stairwells, carpet very dirty and all kinds of outside debris littered the inside hallways. When we arrived it was the hottest day Sydney had in years. 47 degree celsius. Although apartment was advertised with no air con, it was not advertised with the knowledge of windows being locked and not able to be opened, ( I am assuming because of the building it was in ), that the balcony was the only vice for fresh air to come into the room and that the balcony door was broken and would not stay open on it's own, we had to move the couch so that the door would stay open. We could not cross ventilate the room by the apartment door staying open because I did not feel safe with the condition of the apartment building in itself. Being from America and traveling with money, personal items and our passports I was afraid to leave the hallway door open because it was just me and my son and there was no locked door to the apartment building itself. Anyone from the street could have come in and out of there.
When I inquired about transportation I was told that it would be a quick Jetty from Karuuba point to anywhere in the harbor and to get to the Jetty it would be a 9 minute walk around the corner to catch the jetty. Ok so this phrase is partially true. You need to be a very physically fit person to stay here and you also want to be a person who does not have an injury. The walk, although it was more of a 15 minute walk away, was up steep hills all of the way. Once you arrived at the Jetty point you have to walk down10 sets of steps, going down a cliff (approx 100 steps) to reach the point dock. You also have to time your travel because the jetty only comes at that location every 30 minutes and you need an Opal card to get on, which we did not have and had to pay extra the very first time because we couldn't get through the gate when we arrived at Circular Quay. Just to make it a little more clear, when you came back from wherever you were in the harbor you had to walk UP 100 steps to get back to the street and then another 15 minutes back to the apartment. You need to leave yourself a good 1/2 hour every time you use the Jetty. Did I mention then you would go back to an apartment with windows that did not open, a balcony door that would not stay open and to my surprise the first night we got back all of the water we had bought to keep cool in the refrigerator and freezer were still warm because the apartment was so hot, that the refrigerator could not keep up. Needless to say, our 5 night stay lasted 2 very miserably hot nights and the second night when I woke up on the balcony, because that was the only place for relief from the heat, to a giant spider on my chest, I got the hell out of there. The Pullman hotel was a five star location, and that is where I hightailed it to. To be fair to this apartment, If you are a very fit, young couple, not traveling with children, likes to explore, likes to walk, likes to be by themselves, have a car and if it is not in the middle of Sydney heat this is the place for you. The view was stunning from the balcony. That is the only reason I even gave the apartment a chance once I first arrived. I can say that I got the Sydney life experience, but I prefer much more convenience to my stay. Also the ride from the Sydney airport to the apartment was $85 by the time I had to stop at the apartment rental key pick up place and then to the apartment itself. Any uber you would take from the apartment to any location in the harbor would be around 15-18 dollars depending on the time of day. If you think that you will save some money by staying here, you will spend any saved money on transportation if the weather is unbearable or if you can't walk. Beautiful apartment, stunning view, TERRIBLE LOCATION!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mijas-Hec...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed February 11, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Fantastic location - great views over the bay - short walk to the nearest jetty for a great 10 minute ferry across to the CBD !

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing