Tripadvisor

from $341.26
More Info
from $33.51
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Kelly was really great and made the tour very enjoyable. We learned a lot of interesting history and laughed a lot.

Date of experience: July 2019
twopassports, Owner at Walks 101 Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Sam!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t seen the bad reviews, only glowing ones but it appears “No Show” is a common affair for these people. I suppose that as there were only two of us, whoever should have done the tour couldn’t be bothered, either to show up or to let us know they weren’t coming. This was extremely sad as we live in the UK and won’t be coming back to Australia any time soon.
They were very prompt in refunding our fee (but not the commission we had to pay the bank!) but that was no compensation for a not to be repeated missed opportunity. Very disappointed.

Date of experience: August 2018

Hiya — my name is John and I own this business.

One of the problems back in 2018 was the contact details were sending to defunct numbers and emails. Sadly, the first I heard about your experience was on this review.

After taking over the business over 2 years ago and quickly shuttered our Sydney operations until such a time as I could deliver on the quality I offer in Melbourne.

We spoke in 2018 and I gave you a full refund, but I wanted to personally reach out to offer you a spot on our newly relaunched tours (as my treat).

I'm sorry we let you down back in 2018, and if you do make it back to Australia, I hope we have a chance to re-gain your trust.

Thanks,

John O'Sullivan
Walks 101

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We were given a walk as a gift. We booked the walk in March, they called it off due to bad weather. For the past 3 weeks we have been calling and leaving messages to rebook and Rebecca never returns any calls. We have also emailed and no one has responded. I'm not sure what is going on but don't book, you won't get your money's worth.

Date of experience: July 2018
twopassports, Owner at Sydney Colonial History Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there — my name is John and I own this business.

I took over 2 years ago and quickly shuttered our operations until such a time as we could deliver on the quality we're offering in Melbourne. This month we started up once again in Sydney, and are on track to deliver a much better experience.

I'm sorry we let you down back in 2018, and I hope we have a chance to re-gain your trust.

Thanks,

John O'Sullivan
Walks 101

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

As Michelle and Shao, the guide never showed up while we got a reminder the day before. No answers nor on the phone from Rebecca nor via email.
We bought a tour, as tickets for the zoo. 250€ in the garbage.
I hope that tripadvisor as a trusted intermediare will do something about it. There were the reason to buy without any cross check!!!
Can someone tell us how to get our money back?

Date of experience: July 2018
John O, General Manager at Walks 101 Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Hi Em,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry it's on the occasion of such a big mistake on our part. If you look at my response to Michelle's review, you'll see an explanation for what happened. Our contact information was outdated and we never received your calls or emails. We have taken steps to make sure this doesn't happen again, and in the meantime please accept my apologies as well as the full refund for which you are entitled.

Kind Regards,

John

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We booked a tour with them on April 25, received a confirmation right away, and received yet another confirmation yesterday. This morning, no guide showed up at the appointed place, and no one answered at the "24/7" customer service line. We left multiple voicemails for a "Rebecca," and have not heard back. It is very disappointing. I am not sure whether we can get a refund, and this tour company wasted half of a day of our time. I don't know whether the company has gone out of business or the guides are sick, but there is no excuse not to inform us ahead of time. Shame on them.

1  Thank byshao

Hi Bo,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. If you look at my response in the preceeding review, you'll see an explanation (but not excuse) for what happened.

I'm very sorry that we left you in the lurch with the lack of guide on the day. I'll be reaching out to you directly to make sure you get a full refund. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Sydney.

Kind Regards,