Glasgow Arms Hotel
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$191
$202
$182
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$125
$118
  • Pool
All reviewspowerhouse museumian thorpeself serve continental breakfastdarling harbourair constar accommodationpaddy marketlight railrooms are cleanfree breakfastcentral stationcomfy bedstayed here for nightsmin walkbalconyhallwaychinatown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'd been to this Pub a few times before when I was in Sydney for work. Just a place I could go to have a quick bet and beer.
But I recently went back to watch the State of the Origin Game as I was in Sydney.
Well, what a surprise I got!! It is a different pub! I couldn't believe the difference. The Bar staff told me the Pub had recently been taken over and I have to say the changes are amazing because it was nothing to rave home about before.
The Bar is light and renovated, the TAB is sensational and the food was bloody awesome! Tv's everywhere to watch the game and the atmosphere was great, it was packed! It was warm and inviting, you could talk, have a few beers, watch the game and best of all, they were serving Free Schooners from Kick off until first points!!
I hear they've got great rooms upstairs andI'll def stay here when I'm in Sydney again.
Great little Pub!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the Glasgow Arms Hotel for two nights in May 2012.Owner and Daughter were great,It felt like country hospitality in Sydney.All staff were friendly and the meals were excellent.I will be staying again shortly.Crazy not to stay here at these prices.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jack g
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This was my first experience with sticker shock in Australia. The rate is ~$140/night but the room we got looked like a couple of steps above a hostel. But I do feel the place is worth it because of the location, the free breakfast, the quiet neighborhood, and the nice bar attached to the hotel. Yes, I would recommend this place and stay here again. Cheers!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elenafran
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Having booked tickets to visit the Harry Potter exhibition, we were looking for somewhere to stay for the night which was not too expensive and also close to the Powerhouse museum and Darling Harbour. I found this place after a bit of a Google search and it didn’t look too bad so we thought we’d give it a try.
Location wise, it was perfect for us. It was literally across the road from the museum and a 10 minute stroll into Darling Harbour. It wasn’t 4 star accommodation but it was clean, cheap (for Sydney), and was air conditioned. Our room (11) was in the Annex at the side of the hotel and faced onto the quieter side road and also had a small kitchenette. It also included breakfast pre delivered to the room consisting of bread for toast, juice, cereals and yoghurts.
The pub itself was in the middle of a refurbishment and therefore in a bit of a mess but we weren’t there long enough for it to be an issue. Check- in time on the website says 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm on a sign in the room, but we still had to wait 15 minutes for our room to be ready when we arrived at 1:45 pm. We were happy to have a drink while we waited, but if we had arrived at 12:00 and had to wait an hour or two, I would have had something to say about it. Apart from soap, towels and a hairdryer there is nothing else supplied in the bathroom so make sure you take your own shampoo, shower gel etc.
If you want somewhere in between a backpackers and a 4 star hotel within a short stroll of Darling Harbour, give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annex. It may be a bit quieter than rooms overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CoastersOnHols
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We decided to save a little and stay here so that we could spend a little extra in Sydney. If looking for 4 to 5 star then this isn't the place, but if you want location, clean room, nice staff, nice outdoor area and all near Darling Harbour then this one it great. We walked everywhere including Paddys Markets, where we got some great souvenirs and some great cheap finds.

• Stayed: December 2011