“Adequate”

Leisure Inn Sydney Central
Ranked #98 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently for one night on business. Clean room and very handy location. No iron or ironing board in the room, and the laundry opens at 9am which is pretty useless if you have to be on the road early and not organised (or aware of this, as in my case) enough to take care of things the night before. The air conditioner (which you cannot turn off) was really noisy - kind of like an exhaust fan running continuously. Budget price, so basically delivered as expected.

• Stayed September 2012
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Leisure Inn Sydney Central, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Reshous,

Thank you for your recent stay at Leisure Inn Sydney Central and for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences whilst staying with us. It was lovely to read that you found the hotel room to be clean, however I would like to apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort that may have been caused to you during your stay. We greatly value all guest feedback as I believe this helps us to continually improve services and facilities offered to our guests.

I have personally investigated the issues raised in your correspondence and have taken appropriate action to prevent the re-occurrence of the incident. In reference to the iron and ironing board, these are available to use inside the laundry room from the time that we open reception at 7am until we close at 9pm. Inside the room, you will find our hotel compendium stating all the facilities we have to offer including foxtel channels available. We apologize if you weren’t informed about this upon check in.

In regards to the air-conditioning valve, we have inspected the room which you stayed in as soon as you checked out to ensure that this will not happen in the future. We have rectified the exhaust noise coming from out of the air-con valve the same day.

I appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback and once again apologise for what happened.

If you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to ensuring your next stay with us is more enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Ria Compra-Wennas
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

booked this hotel whilst in sydney via intanet ..as hotels are so expensive i was looking for something a bit cheaper but comfortable and central ..this fitted the bill perfectly..hotel room was spacious and clean ..large bathroom ..staff helpful and very central ..5 min walk from train station and 5 min walk to paddys markets and china town ..would def use again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cookies59uk
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I was really pleased after I found out how close this hotel is next to central station. Only downside I'll say is paper thin walls, so erm, you can really hear what's going on in the next room, and people walking along the corridor. Pretty squeez-y for a standard room, but nowhere on the website mentioned about not having any windows in standard doubles. It was really stuffy and the air conditioning didn't quite work. Stayed here for 5 days!

But! I must say when I Came back after my trip to Canberra and stayed overnight, we were upgraded to superior twins where it was a lot more spacious although the shape of the room was rather weird with a triangular corner. But this time with huge windows and a spacious bathroom.

Guess you have to try to ask for a free upgrade of possible!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Excellent budget accommodation. I needed affordable accommodation in Sydney at short notice. I wanted somewhere central, close to transport and safe (female travelling alone). To be honest, I was worried about arriving late at night to a smelly, seedy dive - I shouldnt have worried. Friendly service, non smoking rooms, secure, walking distance to Central Station, and a very cosy, clean room. I couldn't have asked for more. Yes, the window just looks out onto a brick wall - but I wanted a lovely, clean room and not a view. Which is exactly what I got.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

All you could ask for in budget accommodation. Clean bed, clean sheets, clean towels, reasonable sized room.
Note: credit card incurs extra fees and they charge card on booking.
Much like a budget airline, all extras occur an additional fee (e.g. breakfast, baggage storage, laundry detergent, etc.).
The obvious things are included in the room fee (e.g. soap, shampoo and conditioner - in dispensers in bathroom & shower).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vanessaquake
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in June, arriving on a Thursday through to Monday arvo. Nice room, more than enough space for one person as I was staying in a standard queen room. There was a window but no view, just straight onto another building, which meant not a lot of natural light came in to the room. As a result I had trouble waking up as early as I like to on holidays, so I get more done in a day's time.
Location was great, nice and close to Central station. Was not a problem catching a train from the airport to Central, then walking the block with my suitcase. I know I got a pretty sweet deal on the room as it only set me back $356 for the four nights. Not knowing what they normally charge for this room, if it was a fair bit more than the $79-$99 a night (weekday/weekends) I might change my mind on the value rating I gave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Millthorpe, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The motel is fairly priced and you get what you pay for. The rooms are small dated and you are lucky if you have a window. That said the location is great rooms are quiet and beds are clean. So if u don't mind a no frills hotel that is close to everything u will do fine. Also not the crap $50 credit card $100 cash deposit in case you incurre expenses I found this rude and very unwelcome as others have mentioned.

• Stayed July 2012