“Kings Cross Walking Tours”

Two Feet & a Heartbeat Sydney
Walk the Light: VIVID Sydney Walking Tour
Ranked #9 of 237 Nightlife in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Two Feet & a Heartbeat is Australia's largest and most awarded walking tour company. We offer a range of small group guided walking tours around Sydney with locals as your guide. Join us on one of our daily historical walking tours or one of our combo tours that includes history but also food and drinks. See the best of Sydney with Two feet & a Heartbeat.
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kings Cross Walking Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Kings Cross is the second oldest place in Australia. It was founded shortly after the First Fleet landed in 1788. I have been a guide and researcher on walking tours here for several years and I really love uncovering the heritage, culture, food & wine and the underworld history of Kings Cross, Potts Point, Elizabeth Bay, Woolloomooloo and Darlinghurst. I've lived here for decades and have visited all my life. Meeting Sydneysiders, and those from interstate and overseas, and illuminating this place for them is such a pleasure. It's packed full of tales from the past and the present, and luscious venues to wine and dine, which can be discovered by exploring the avenues, streets and back lanes.

Visited February 2013
TFHB, Owner at Two Feet & a Heartbeat Sydney, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi StephenC,

Thanks for coming along on a Two Feet & a Heartbeat tour and for taking the time to review it on TripAdvisor.

Glad you enjoyed your tour and thanks for posting all the photos!

Hopefully we'll see you along on another tour here in Sydney or in one in Perth where we also operate.

Toronto, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Razor-Hurst: there's more to Kings Cross than you think”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I lived in a Kings Cross backpackers for a month when I first moved to Sydney a few years ago and I thought I knew the area pretty well. The Razor-Hurst tour I embarked on proved me completely wrong: there is a whole lot more to Kings Cross than I ever imagined.

Our guide Stephen took us on a fascinating two hour trek through the Cross, Darlinghurst, Potts Point and Woolloomooloo, relating tales of the Razor gang ringleaders of the 1920's and sharing with us a large amount of historical and contemporary trivia. There was also a large focus on architecture and I was pleasantly surprised to discover a number of alluring buildings and hidden laneways along the way, which I never knew existed.

I'd highly recommend the tour to locals & foreigners alike. Fans of Underbelly will appreciate a first-hand view at the locality depicted in the series, and those like myself who have never watched it will be blown away learning of the characters and events that helped shape Kings Cross into what it is today.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank danschaumann
Hi danschaumann,

As someone who lived near "the Cross" for a brief period in 2001 I can certainly relate to your story about how this tour can open your eyes! I am also glad you mentioned Stephen as your guide as I will certainly pass on this review to him. The stories of the 20's & 30's are unique and amazing so I am glad we could share them with you on tour.

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kings Cross Crime & Passion Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Highly recommend this informative and fun tour of Kings Cross. So many interesting stories and landmarks. Our guide, Valentino, was fantastic - very knowledgeable and entertaining.

1 Thank cotts4
Hi cotts4,

I am glad to hear that you had a great time on your Crime & Passion tour with us earlier this year. I'll also pass on to Val that you left this positive review and had a good time on tour with him.

Canberra, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Crime & Passion Tour - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

A really interesting 2 hour walking tour of Kings Cross. Kim our tour guide (and actor) was very friendly and knowledgeable, giving us a history of the beginnings of the area from settlement days, right through to the "Cross" of today. We we able to see both the "Razor Gang" hot spots, as well as the places where more recent high profile crimes were committed. Along with this was also a stroll past the most beautiful building architecture in Sydney, including one of the original mansions. This tour is great, and well worth the reasonable cost.

1 Thank Valerie M
Hi Valerie M,

Great to hear that your trip in from Canberra was good and that you enjoyed your tour with us and your guide Kim. It's no secret why Kim gets so many positive reviews about his tours.....he is a fun, personable and knowledgeable guide!

Canberra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Razorhurst Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We did the Razorhurst Walking Tour of Kings Cross last Friday night. Our guide, Valentino was fabulous, very knowledgeable and friendly. A very entertaining character. The walk was at a relaxed pace, but full of information about the crime gangs of Tilly Divine and Kate Leigh. Thoroughly recommend it. Thanks Valentino!!

2 Thank michaeloCanberra
Hi michaeloCanberra,

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your Razorhurst walking tour with Valentino. I have to agree that he is knowledgeable and friendly but the word "entertaining" really sums him up. We always strive to provide excellent tours and it looks we did for you on this night.

PO Box 1234 Scarborough WA 6922