Lido Suites
$138
$131
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$134
$130
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$191
$202
$182
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$220
$118
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewskings cross stationnoisy at nightfree internetcoles supermarketdefinitely stay here againpublic transportkitchenetteclosenessdarlinghurstlaundryconveniencetraincafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS!

I am a 20-something girl who booked this hotel for the weekend with some friends and it was the worst hotel I have ever seen.
I went to check in by myself before my other friends arrived and after checking in to reception (which was a disgusting makeshift reception desk in the middle of a kitchen) I made my way up to my room. The hotel smelt like a brewery! After dodging dirty laundry all throughout the corridor to get to my room I came across 2 young girls and a guy having a punch up in the corridor, they then tried to start a fight with me. I quickly ran to my room, dumped my bag and decided to go outside the hotel to wait for my friends as I did not feel safe in there by myself. Within 5 minutes of being outside I was confronted with men punching on with each other in the street and throwing bottles and garbage bins. I then went back to reception to tell them I did not feel safe staying there and said I would not stay.

to top it all off, 4 days later, my original $200 deposit has not been returned to my bank account as was advised, so I rang up the hotel and was told on the phone by the 'manager' "oh that's right... Ur the girl who made up the stupid excuse to leave"

So unprofessional!!

NEVER STAY HERE !!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Alicourts
Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you want to feel like you are on the set of Underbelly, this hotel is for you.

The room vibrated to the sounds of the nightclub below until 4am, only to be surpassed by constant comings and goings all through the night - slamming doors, banging on doors, profanities, screaming and other unsavoury activities and conversations right outside the door.

The room stank, as did the whole hotel, of attempts to mask cigarette smoke, there was mould, rips in carpet and the room was generally grubby.

I got no sleep and at times was actually quite fearful. Apparently to top things off there is no staff overnight, and it would seem there is free access into the 'hotel'.

Worst night ever

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Claudette L
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed with my boyfriend and his friend, room was clean and nice. Booked online, but i wasn't able to book for 3 people in a room which held a maximum of 3 people, which I found unhelpful.

TV didn't work. I went to reception around 8pm and asked for it to be fixed, no one came up until 11pm. But they did not knock they just opened the door.
The room was very loud, other guest slamming doors shout, yelling and swearing at one another. At 5.30am on Sunday morning a male, started banging and swearing outside our room, sounded like he was going to break the door down. Security (im guessing it was) then came up and proceed to open the door for the male, which was not even staying in our room!

Beds and pillows were comfortable. If your staying there for one night just to go out into the City, I would recommend this place but if your staying for a long period of time, maybe try for a quieter area of Kings Cross.

Room Tip: Try for a room not on the same side as the side street!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there on a Saturday night in the Cross.
The room certainly seemed to look different to the pictures on quick beds.
On top of that, apart from the sheets on the bed having obviously been changed (although they were badly stained), nothing else in the room appeared to have been cleaned whatsoever.
There was half eaten cheese in the fridge, open bottles of drink and a mostly empty bottle of off cream.
The microwave had time left on the timer from the last people using it and inside was dirty with a fork and food scraps.

The noise at night in the room as like there's no windows at all, and the walls are paper thin with every noise from other rooms very much audible.

Overall it was a rather unpleasant experience and I certainly wont be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed June 15, 2012

love it at lido suites stay here overtime i am in Sydney no hesitations ..rooms are clean nice...its right in amongst the cross but feels like ur tucked away..staff have been more than helpful n v friendly..def check it out

• Stayed: May 2012