“Very Enjoyable”

Ranked #61 of 475 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: More than just a zoo, WILD LIFE Sydney features interactive displays, inspiring and entertaining daily shows, captivating daily feeding sessions and enhanced walk-through habitats including Koala Encounters, The Outback and Butterfly Tropics. WILD LIFE Sydney is Australia's most unique and best wildlife park and it's conveniently located right in the heart of Sydney on Darling Harbour.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I was on my own during the day while my husband was in business meetings and since I read a travel book prior to my arrival which mentioned many of the venomous snakes and other dangerous creatures in Australia, I decided to make the Wildlife World one of my stops. I did find the ticket price a bit expensive and could not opt for the value pack since I was leaving the next day. I did discover a 10% off admission coupon only after my visit from a tourist book I picked up at the end of my trip so look for yours first :-) I did feel slightly out of place since I was seemingly the only adult by myself so I would say it is more for families.

I liked the attractions throughout and thought it was nicely laid out. I opted to have my photo taken with a Koala Bear on the rooftop and am happy with how it turned out. It will be a nice addition to my scrapbook.. The large croc is very impressive although I wish he had moved even a tiny bit. ;-)

1 Thank kw412

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great for families”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I visited on my own to pass some time on a rainy day at the end of November 2010. The entrance fee is ok with the student discount, but otherwise slightly overpriced.

Wildlife World showcases the famous Australian animals such as koalas, kangaroos, wombats and venomous snakes. You walk along the halls on a predetermined path and look at the animals. Nothing out of the ordinary - it is what it is. I was of the impression that you would be able to cuddle koalas and have your photo taken with them, but apparently you have to pay extra for that (?).

I am sure families with smaller children would love this place, but anyone else should probably pass.

1 Thank MichaelThelle1986
Bath, United Kingdom
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Expensive, but lots to see and do”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

At around $35 per person (there’s a 10% discount coupon available from Tourist Information and a multi-attraction ticket, which is cheaper if you are visiting all the museums), this is not a cheap attraction to visit, but has a wide variety of exhibits of Australian wildlife. There’s no route map, so you don’t know how far through the attraction you are, but it’s difficult to miss anything. Look out for the door to the roof top as we missed it. Once there, you can have your picture taken with a sleepy Koala Bear for around $10 (we found a coupon for a free print in a Sydney Visitors book we picked up at the airport). Take your camera, as there are plenty of close-up photo opportunities. The Centre is situated in Darling Harbour and takes about two hours to explore slowly.

Singapore, Singapore
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“An urban surprise!”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We didn't plan on coming here as it looked very small from the outside. But having bought the 4 in 1 attraction tickets from the Sydney Aquarium (which are very good value by the way), we decided to give it a try. How good can an indoor wildlife world be in the middle of Darling Harbour?
It turned out great! Not only did our toddler enjoy herself, the whole family did. It may not be very large, but it has a very good range of animals, insects, snakes etc and it was done up very well with good views of each exhibit. We still took a good 2.5 hours to 3 hours to finish the exhibits and we could have stayed longer if we had time. A worthwhile place to go to!

1 Thank carrotnose_snowman
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great place to see Australia's critters!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This place wasn't on our pre-planned list of places to see, but it's right next to the Aquarium which was on that list. And it turned out that one of our earlier in-flight movies was on the ginormous crocodile Rex who now resides at SWW. So we went over to check it out, and they sold us a 4-pack of tickets (a Great Value) which included 1 adult entry to Syd Aquarium, SWW, Syd Tower, and Oceanworld Manly, all for $50aud. (You do not need to use the tix all on the same day - I think you have 3 months). We got to see a ton of wildlife from all parts of the continent, including some crazy (and equally ginormous) bugs, reptiles in beautiful habitats, sea life in tanks, Rex of course, beautifully colored birds, roos, wombats, koalas, desert night animals, etc. This place is much bigger than it seems from the dockside. And the walk-thru exhibit of the roos is really great - birds in there too. The whole place is a wonderful visit, I don't think you'll regret it!

1 Thank janed0ugh