“small "zoo"”

Ranked #61 of 519 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: More than just a zoo, WILD LIFE Sydney features interactive displays, inspiring and entertaining daily shows, captivating daily feeding sessions and enhanced walk-through habitats including Koala Encounters, The Outback and Butterfly Tropics. WILD LIFE Sydney is Australia's most unique and best wildlife park and it's conveniently located right in the heart of Sydney on Darling Harbour.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

had a great time here and saw the native animals of australia, think some people hink this is a big zoo but it is a small one which i didnt have a problem with and i knew this before we went. i did thw kuala encounter which was fantastic and well worth the money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"snakes"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I purchased a Merlin yearly pass online today. When I went to collect it from Wildlife Zoo I was given a temporary pass and told they would take the photo for my ID card on my next visit. I told the person at the service counter that I was going to Underwater World at the Sunshine Coast this week (which is included on the Merlin pass) and he said there wouldn't be a problem with entry- just use the temporary pass. However, when I contacted Underwater World they said they couldn't allow me entry unless I had the proper photo ID Merlin pass. So I lined up for a 2nd time to tell the man this at the service counter and he then sent me to the Sydney Aquarium counter to get it processed- which I had to line up again for! Luckily, they sorted it put for me but it was really annoying having to line up 3 times with a 2yr old to get this sorted- it should have been an easy process.
When I eventually entered Wildlife World it was really good. Safe for my 2yr old to run around, clean & the animal areas were well presented. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had an absolutely amazing visit to the Wildlife Centre. Had a mobility impaired person with us and were able to obtain a wheelchair. The site is accessible and I loved that it was smaller than the zoos, if felt much more personal and the staff were amazingly knowledgeable and friendly. The highlight has to be the Koala experience. We had group shots, couple shots and single shots and they were amazing to the wheelchair user too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were here with a lot of school kids, so it was very noisy. Had fun here though with the kangaroos, koala bears, and other animals.

1  Thank timecop
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Wildlife world is pretty small scale compared to bigger zoos like taronga but its in a good location and you can get offers and cheaper rates if you are visiting the sydney tower eye/sealife sydney/madam tussards. We didnt realise that 90% of the zoo is actually indoors so this would be a good attraction if the weather was bad! We did enjoy it especially the koala area on the rooftop where you can pay extra to have some photos taken with the koalas, pat them and talk to the keeper, would be nice if the rest of the zoo offered more oppurtunities to get up closer to the animals like this as majority we just watched from behind the glass.