“Awesome location and spacious apartments in a fabulous building.”

Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
Ranked #111 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Well worth the price to have so much room in such a brilliant location.

Only suggestion would be to have advice on how to access initially via the walkway. We did some extra miles trying to figure it out walking from the train... Granted most people are brighter than us and arrive by taxi or shuttle!

Loved it and would return.

• Stayed: September 2013
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am please that you were happy with your overall stay at the Oaks Goldsbrough. I do wish to inform you that there are signage’s put up near the walkway for directions to our building however I will take your comments on board and discuss to further review them and improve this shortfall. I hope you choose us again for your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment and were upgraded to one with an amazing view over darling harbour. It was a perfect vantagepoint to watch the fireworks on the Saturday evening. The location of the oaks is great. A very short walk to darling harbour and walkable distance to the city centre. The apartment itself was clean and spacious.
We would definitely stay at the oaks again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy that the staff were able to offer you an upgrade and that you enjoyed your two bedroom apartment. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

It met the brief:
1. Short travel time from home; easily accessible via public transport & then by foot
2. Indoor heated pool & spa
3. Nickelodeon, DVD player & 30 min free Wi-Fi/day
4. Darling Harbour playground, McDonald's, Mother Chu's in China Town
5. Heritage features alongside the modern conveniences of a good hotel
6. Functional kitchen for prep and storage of food/drinks
Misc. Comments:
1. Friendly and accommodating staff
2. Close to reasonably priced IGA supermarket and a variety of food options - many that will deliver to your door.
3. Loved the layout of the 2 bedroom apartment and the wonderful views of the Sydney city skyline by day and by night.
4. I highly recommend the Goldsbrough if you have the above requirements in accommodation, location and holiday experience. One should try to be a tourist in one's city more often - there is a sensory treasure trove of things to experience if you open yourself up to the possibilities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ShiningLight_2013

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. Thank you for your helpful tips and recommendations. I’m sure other travellers will find this helpful. Thank you again for your postive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We visited Sydney in April 2013 and wanted to base ourselves near Darling harbour. We arrived quite early at the Oaks, expecting to only be allowed to leave our luggage until the regular check-in time of 2pm. (We were there before 10.30am - our flight from NZ arriving by about 9am). To our surprise, the friendly and helpful receptionist checked room availability and sent us up to our apartment. We were having coffee in it by 11am! Further - I had advised that I have no head for heights and wished to be accommodated on a lower floor. This was done - we were on level three. I was pleased about this as the lay-out of the building means large vertical spaces and walkways to the apartments.
The apartment itself, while 'tired', was meticulously cleaned - and each day during our week-long stay. For location and value for money, we doubt that this accommodation can be beaten in Darling Harbour! We would definitely choose the Oaks for our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate your request and that you enjoyed the apartment and location for your needs while in Sydney. I will be sure to pass on your nice comments regarding the staff and we look forward to welcoming yourself back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I loved this old building. They have retained the features of the old wool store, lots of exposed wooden beams, and combined them with modern luxury. The hotel is very conveniently located next to the college I am studying at, so I couldn't get a better location. It was lovely to walk down to Darling Harbour whenever I felt like it to.
I had a couple of swims in the pool, just a good length for laps.
I was given a one bedroom apartment when I was expecting a studio- no extra cost- so really enjoyed the spacious, clean and nicely furnished rooms.The view from the balcony was of the back laneway and a brick wall, but hey I am in the middle of the old industrial area of Sydney so I couldn't complain too much. The staff were helpful and friendly.
My only compliant would have to do with the fact that the lifts weren't working in the nearby carpark but the has more to do with the removal of the monorail than the Hotel.
Hope I can stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your post. I am very pleased to hear that you found the location to be so convenient and that you enjoyed the heritage feel of the building. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. I will be sure to pass those comments onto them. We very much look forward to looking after you once again when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rooms are fine clean modern close to darling harbour walk across the road to the car park 10 min walk. Has washer and dryer for your clothes wifi non existent normally you get an hour free we got nothing so we paid for wifi still nothing there's no bar or restaurants here but close to everything. Would stay here again. TV sound did keep going on and off we had city view 9th floor nice lit up at night but nothing much to see all in all good value for money.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 9682maria
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities within the apartment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well start here. Prime showcase Darling harbour location. Greeted at the elegant entrance of these drop dead gorgeous Heritage listed buildings by Superman himself (otherwise known as staff member Jesse) who whisked our heavy suitcases up to our stunning penthouse Appartment before we had time to take a breath. His service throughout our stay not only made us believe we were welcome here, we were living it. We felt welcome. His work colleagues complimented his style perfectly, with an excellent level of service at all times. The ultra-modern suite we occupied had the best view of Sydney,s Darling Harbour and Sydney Harbour glimpses I have ever experienced. Three to six minutes to anywhere in Sydney's inner city worth going to. Beautiful suites and a Pool, sauna and spa area for your pleasure, that will make you feel like a Roman emperor or empress. My future visits to Sydney with my equally impressed family, will be to this superlative location. Diligence, service and elegant and balanced execution in all areas, sums these apartments up. Try them, and then I can say to you "See what I mean?"

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding Jesse. I will be sure to thank him for his service as it is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location and facilities provided within our apartments. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Sydney.