“Mr Mrs Hoskisson Fife, Scotland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Ranked #100 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
“Mr Mrs Hoskisson Fife, Scotland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rooms are fine clean modern close to darling harbour walk across the road to the car park 10 min walk. Has washer and dryer for your clothes wifi non existent normally you get an hour free we got nothing so we paid for wifi still nothing there's no bar or restaurants here but close to everything. Would stay here again. TV sound did keep going on and off we had city view 9th floor nice lit up at night but nothing much to see all in all good value for money.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank 9682maria
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities within the apartment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well start here. Prime showcase Darling harbour location. Greeted at the elegant entrance of these drop dead gorgeous Heritage listed buildings by Superman himself (otherwise known as staff member Jesse) who whisked our heavy suitcases up to our stunning penthouse Appartment before we had time to take a breath. His service throughout our stay not only made us believe we were welcome here, we were living it. We felt welcome. His work colleagues complimented his style perfectly, with an excellent level of service at all times. The ultra-modern suite we occupied had the best view of Sydney,s Darling Harbour and Sydney Harbour glimpses I have ever experienced. Three to six minutes to anywhere in Sydney's inner city worth going to. Beautiful suites and a Pool, sauna and spa area for your pleasure, that will make you feel like a Roman emperor or empress. My future visits to Sydney with my equally impressed family, will be to this superlative location. Diligence, service and elegant and balanced execution in all areas, sums these apartments up. Try them, and then I can say to you "See what I mean?"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding Jesse. I will be sure to thank him for his service as it is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location and facilities provided within our apartments. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Sydney.
Orange, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My hubby and I stayed four nights for a conference in a harbour view room. The location is great and the walkway between the hotel and Darling Harbour and convention centre was handy. The living area / kitchen. was spacious and great for what we needed however the bedroom was small and I had to keep my suitcase in the living area. Personally I felt a little claustrophobic in the bedroom. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for a short term stay for business.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the apartment and your stay with us. I appreciate you kind comments regarding the staff and will be sure to pass them on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The one bedroom apartments are comparatively small with tiny bedrooms where the bed takes all the space leaving none to move or place your bags. Beds were comfortable.

Living area and kitchenette are reasonable size. The old style window slides up a bit to allow fresh air to come in. View from the room was of Darling Harbour in the distance, the flyover and convention centre across the service lane and city skyscrapers in the distance.

The hotel has easy access to Darling Harbour through a walkway on the first floor where one walks through a corridor lined with prison kind of fencing outside apartments on both sides.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your post. Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments and found the facilities to be favourable. The building is a heritage listed building that was established in the 1800’s as a Wool Store. The open atrium and the original hardwood floors have been maintained to uphold the authenticity that it was created. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to welcome you back in the future.
NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spent a week at this property for work while conferencing at the exhibition centre.
I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was spacious and suitable for the week, the reason I chose this property is I wanted a property with a kitchen & laundry facilities which was great to be able to use during a long stay.
This property is so close to the exhibition centre and it is easy to get to, you are also close to many other restaurants, shopping centre, cbd etc
The rooms are a little old and the house keeping could do a bit better, some days they seemed a bit slap happy with the work they had completed.
Lifts are really slow
Pool & Gym area are great
Room windows can open which is a great surprise especially when you prefer natural air rather than air conditioning.
When we arrived we parked in the suggested car park it was a bit confusing on how to actually get into the hotel, you need to walk over the bridge and you will find some doors which you can call reception to let you in
One night I did go out and got a cab back to the hotel, yes the cab did stop in the right place but the entrance is not very well signed posted, especially in the dark.
I will be staying at this property again when I go back to Sydney for business

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location and facilities provided within our apartments. I will be discussing your comments about the Housekeeping with the Department Head in an effort to improve the shortfall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bundaberg, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments were a pleasure to stay at. Clean, tidy, and well maintained, I could not fault the service or the staff. Would recommend to travellers for both business and pleasure. Very close to Darling Harbour makes it the perfect spot to begin your conquest of Sydney. Business people will find it has easy access to the city centre and is a quite retreat at the end of a long business day. The ability to cook for myself was a huge benefit, as was the ability to wash and dry my clothing during an extended stay.
The only criticism, it would be around the bathroom layout, and the positioning of the toilet between a wall and the bath\shower, and that the shower heads were positioned rather low for someone of my height. That said, it is not a deal breaker and I will be requesting my company to book me in here for all my future stays in Sydney.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the apartment and that the location and facilities were desirable for your needs while in Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is not great but it is not awful either. The pros and cons kind of balance each other.
On arrival check in was fast and straight forward although the service from an unimpressed receptionist with no smile was a little bad. We made our way to our room in the really SLOW lifts on level 7 (728) we requested the northern end as have heard it is better to stay away from the noisy freeway as it is really close. The halls are interesting, I wouldn't say this is a negative, the kids definitely thought it was cool, it did remind me a little of a prison though. The room was definitely not what I expected, it was clean and large and has a separate bath and shower which was great. The kitchen was good also, we only used it once on our two night stay but would be handy for longer stays. It is a good location and we got our bedroom apartment for a great price, I would stay here again for the right price but I wouldn't pay too much as it is very basic. For families and people who don't have high expectations this is perfect. As there are permanent residents in the building it is important to keep noise to a minimum which was fine but we had people in the room next to us peering in our door and coming to their door( which was kept open at all times) to look every time we came into or out of our room which made it a little uncomfortable.
Definitely would request not to stay in the room again.

Room Tip: choose the northern end of the building and don't stay in 728 as the permanent residents there m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. Oaks Goldsbrough is a heritage listed building that was established in the 1800’s as a Wool Store. The open atrium, original hardwood floors have been maintained to uphold the authenticity that it was created. We manage a strata title building which includes hotel rooms, private residents and owners. I am pleased to hear that the apartment suited your needs whilst in Sydney. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our property in the near future to show you that we can provide an efficient and enjoyable experience.