Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
$178
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Room Service
$164
$158
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
$252
$180
$202
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$130
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
2,846 results
All reviewsdarling harbourcovered walkwaylight railwool storeone bedroom apartmentwashing machineself containedapartment was cleanstar casinofull kitchenserviced dailylaundry facilitiespublic transportfantastic locationcentral stationgoldsboroughmonorail
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked at this establishment for its proximity to the Sydney Exhibition Centre. The online photo of the pool looked okay, however it is a total misrepresentation of the offer. The inside of this property is more like what I imagine a prison would look like; I have lived in better appointed Army barracks! On opening the curtains to the window I found a balcony overlooking a plain brick wall. Poor room service, no restaurant or bar and nowhere to get meals or drinks on a room account, uncomfortable bed and an overall depressing atmosphere makes this one of the worst properties I have ever stayed in. Lift service is also very poor with passengers waiting for lengthy periods. I will not entertain any future thoughts of staying at an Oaks property and will most certainly discourage friends and business associates from doing so.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the heritage of the building which was built in the 1800’s. Thank you for your feedback and I will be sure to look into some of the issues that you referenced.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at Oaks 12 years ago and was quite new. The atrium areas have always looked like a prison, but quite enjoyed our last stay so decided to stay again. It has now become a dump. It is not cheap and at $229 you could do better in Sydney. The taps leak, blind broken and could not open for natural light. Tiles cracked and soiled. Walls are all dirty, marked and half painted. Kitchen is very old, chipped, marked. We had to change our key card 3 times throughout our stay as could not get into our room or at one stage into the building. The lifts are so slow and had issues with keycards trying to get into our floor. The cleaning staff were very polite and our room was cleaned daily but reception staff really need to go and do some customer service courses. Our room was over the freeway and as no double glazing on windows it is very noisy. Would we stay there again, absolutely not. Way too expensive for the condition and service of this hotel. This is not an Oaks but should join the budget hotel chain.

Room Tip: Easy, don't go there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am sorry that your expectations were not met. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment of 60 apartments. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard at of Oaks vision. I hope when you are next in Sydney you have the opportunity of experiencing one of our refurbished apartments.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times over the years, and always been very happy. The position is great, at Darling Harbour. The price is usually good value on the usual internet sites. I've stayed in 2 bedroom units, which have had spacious kitchens and living areas, and studio units, which are also equipped with ovens, dishwashers, king beds, dryers, washers and everything you need. Some of the rooms have city views. The pool is fantastic. Heated and indoor, with a wonderful spa, and adjacent gym. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a city view room. I like a room at the end of the building, as it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your repeated visits. I am very happy to hear that you have has such pleasant experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our room was disgusting. Will never stay again and will tell my travel agent not to recommend it to her clients. The sad thing is some people had very good rooms, however you don't know what you are going to get until you arrive. Seems to me the only thing you can do is complain when you get there and apparently you get moved. Not quite sure what the set up is and why some rooms are better than others.

Room Tip: Don't book below level 5 many of our friends with rooms above this level appeared quite ok with their rooms but not overly impressed.
1  Thank Rosepetal3

Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am sorry that your expectations were not met. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment of 60 apartments. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard at of oaks vision. I hope when you are next in Sydney you have the opportunity of experiencing one of these apartments.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband, daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren stayed here for 5 nights over easter. We booked 2 x 2 bedrooms.
When arriving with an 18 month old in a pram there is no ramp at street level. Pram and suitcases have to be carried up to the foyer.
We had ordered a cot months ago when booking and found they hadn't supplied one. When we enquired about its whereabouts the very unfriendly, unhelpful staff kept saying it was on its way up. They finally told us the truth much,much later that it was broken and no-one had bothered to replace during the day and we arrived very late pm. What a night with an 18 month old. They offered no assistance. They gave us a cot the next day.
The rooms were great and fully equipped. Just be aware the bedrooms are downstairs so if you bring small children watch out as they are steep. Maybe the hotel could supply a stair guard.
Location was terrific, close to transport and Darling Harbour.
A small but annoying grievance was to get out of your room was difficult with a pram and small kids. Cant they supply a door wedge?
Overall we had a great stay and with a couple of small changes life, would, at the apartments be terrific.

Room Tip: book apartments above 5th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for you feedback and suggestion for a door stop. We will be sure to look into this. I am very sorry for the issue you faced regarding the baby cot. I will remind the staff the importance of attending to these issues in a prompt and friendly manner. I hope that we can deliver a higher lever of service to you next time.