“Good stay , Good staff ...but apartment not as photographs”

Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
Ranked #110 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Soutport Lancashire
“Good stay , Good staff ...but apartment not as photographs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently stayed here after visiting Melbourne & flying to Sydney for new year fireworks et al .My son booked "Harbour view" apartments online .On arrival check in busy but staff courteous especially "Tahni" -think thats how you spell her name- who was efficient and pleasant organising rooms quickly ...One surprise however was that after paying $4500 up front for the stay I was asked to deposit another $300 dollars - for breakages- which would be returned on departure .Having reached rooms found location and views excellent looking out over Darling harbour , the Sydney City skyline and Anzac bridge and acces to these was within a 10 minute walk wth the the harbour less than Two accessed directly from apartments via a bridge .
The room however although clean was a bit of a let down & bore no resemblance to the "professional photographs " on their web-site . The furniture and Tv were "dated" and tired and the Kitchen followed suit .That said the bedrooms were spotless with crisp white sheets and that compensated to some degree . In all a good Holiday which could have been great .. Access to all central attractions and the harbour itself is good with plenty of bars , restaurants , and entertainment only a few hundred metres away ...If asked would I recommend ,the answer would be "yes" but make sure you get a harbour view room ...and look at traveller photos on this site to see what you -WILL- be getting ...prior to booking

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view rooms and ask for floors 10-11 which have great panoramas ...Any lower views ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for you post. I am sorry to hear the room was not up to the standard to which you were expecting. I would be grateful if you could inform me which room you stayed in so I can conduct a personal inspection. We are currently about to embark on a refurbishment of 60 apartments. It is quite possible that this unit has already been identified as one which will receive a refurbishment. Never the less I am still regretful that it did not meet your standards. On a positive note, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding Tahni’s customer service. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback for your hard work and I am sure Tahni will be grateful to receive it. I hope that should you stay in Sydney again you have the opportunity to experience one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kalgoorlie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was a sightseeing trip for us so we needed a great location, a 2 bed apartment. a walk in shower and reasonable parking as we had travelled from WA. Oaks Goldsbrough provided all of these needs. Admittedly there were a few maintenance requirements in our apartment but we were there to see the sights and some kind soul had upgraded us to a harbour view. This just made our stay so much better as it was very hot in Sydney and my elderly mother could watch Darling Harbour in the cool of the airconditioning. The apartments are very close to one of the Hop on Hop off bus stops - so convenient.

Room Tip: Harbour view was fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FionaKalgoorlie
Amit B, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, June 18, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments.
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited this hotel late August for meeting in Sydney Convention Center with my family. It had expensive cost than other hotels in city center of Sydeny, however, nice equipments like stove, laundries and washing machines were very good.

I also couldn't feel any discomfort about hotel services. However, there were some discomfortness in this hotel.

1st, there wasn't any big supermarket near this apartment. There was just a small convinient store nearby Novotel hotel. A big supermarket was located so far from this apartment.
2nd, many taxi drivers didn't know about this apartment (I think there is a problem of my pronounciation), you should bring the adress of this apartment when you want to ride a taxi from city center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank reonora
Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am pleased that you found the amenities in the apartment to your satisfaction. Thank you for your tip in suggesting that future guest bring the address written down. The building is very famous in the city of Sydney as it use to be a old wool store. However it is true that some people may not be aware that it has been converted into Serviced Apartments. Thank you for sharing this helpful tip.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have just finished a two week stay here with my boyfriend and was very pleased with our stay. We had a different apartment each week (our choice to move a few floors up for the view) and both were spacious, very clean and had all modern features and appliances. The bathroom had a washing machine, tumble drier and iron, the lounge had a flat screen TV and there was a good range of kitchen utensils/appliances. We cooked easily on several evenings of our stay. The location - so close to Darling Harbour and a short walk to city centre - made it even better and easy to get around. Overall, great value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful and would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in central Sydney.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma G
Amit B, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, January 14, 2016
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the location and had an enjoyable stay. I hope to welcome you back when you are next in Sydney.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am glad that I chosen this hotel for my stay in Sydney.
It was certainly worth for the money that I paid for due to the spacious room, it has a kitchen, fridge and washing machine which makes it extremely convenient for us. It has all the facilities which is an added 'bonus'.
From the second level, it links to the sky train station. Walking distance to Darling Harbour and convention centre.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family and I recently stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The hotel was excellent value for money, so close to everything, very clean with a few fabulous coffee shops right outside the door. Whilst a little understaffed, we found the service at reception outstanding, very friendly staff and exceptionally helpful. We booked a tour and our airport transfer from Troy at the concierge desk and he couldn't have been more helpful or informative. We will definitely use this hotel again as our base for a Sydney holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline H
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The biggest problem with these apartments is the front desk. They are under staffed (we waited for approximately 20 minutes anytime we needed to use the front desk), and not overly friendly. However, the price was reasonable, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the location was great. I wouldn't bother paying the money for a harbour view. Great for longer stays with the kitchen facilities. Overall really enjoyed my time here. Would definitely book here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your post. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and found the standard to be favourable. I apologise for the wait that you faced during your dealing with front desk. Check in and check out times can get very business in the foyer which can lead to delays. I will endeavour to use his feedback to better streamline our front desk procedures. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.