“It was fantastic experience”

Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
Ranked #117 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 24, 2012

it was really excellent and fantastic experiences at this hotel appartment, i spent 5 days with my family, we received all our requirpment as per our request, and reception staff is really good,cooperative,helpfull & full of courtesious manners, specialy MR.SHEIKH & TAHNI. thankyou very much, location is verygood, all facilities are appreciable, we ll definatly prefer this appartment when ever my next visit to sydney.

Room Tip: request for beautifull harbour view rooms, top level
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and thanks to Sheikh and Tahni. It makes be very happy to hear that they contributed to making your experience at the Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments such a memorable one. I will be sure to pass on your thanks.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,749)

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my partner, we stayed at the oaks goldsbrough in december on a very nice room over looking the harbour on level 13.Purpose of our stay was to cruise around and to see the beauty of sydney city. The hotel is in a great location, very close to everything and specially the beautiful harbour is just minutes away, the room rate was also very reasonable, but i must say one of the main highlight was very good customer service from the time we came in to the time we left.

We drove all the way from brisbane and had large number of baggages with us and one of the main inconvenience was there was no ramp on the hotel door, but of the the beautiful staff named SHEIKH was very helpful from day one.
We are elderly couple and unloading car full of baggages was a hardship for us, that good fella was drinking coffee outside on his break saw us struggling carrying bags and single handed carried the bags on the stairs and took them upstairs, when we offered some tips he dint take it but said "it is duty of everyman to help each other". We stayed there three days and everyday when we saw sheikh, he would ask us how was the day with a great smile, rest of the crew member serving on the front line was as great .

We would love to stay there again when we come to visit sydney, but one request to the hotel management "PLEASE PUT A SIGN ON THE MAIN DOOR WITH HOTELS NAME" because its very confusing to find where the hotel is located.

Room Tip: Findng this hotel can be a Nightmare, so try to look for a caffee on the right side of Pyrmont stree...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am aware that the property can often be difficult to find if you are not familiar with the local area. The issue regarding the lack of signage is due to the fact that we must comply with the building’s Body Corporate Guidelines and as such cannot display the signage directly out the front. This is an issue that we are currently trying to address. Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding the level of service that Sheikh provided you. I am very pleased that he was able to help you even when he was on his break. He is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to him. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was extreemely nervous about staying at these apartments after reading mixed reviews however it was quite good. The location is great, not far at all to the darbour and attractions. The rooms were large, a concern was the stair case that was very steep, there were many a falls had by my 2 yr old. Our room did not have a good view at all but we did not spend much time in the room. The building does echo very badly and people can be heard loudly running and carrying on along the hallway at all hours of the night, not to mention the noise that can be heard from the room next door. Just hope you dont get a group of loud party animals as it is impossible to sleep. The pool is a great facility, long operating hours which was handy. I would stay here again but would hope for a view of some kind.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nearoh

Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please let us know when you are next staying and we will try our very best to allocate you a room with a view. I look forward to hearing from you before your next stay.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed at hundreds of hotels and the guest experiance from Tahni at this particular hotel was outstanding. I went out for a game of golf and i broke my ankle while i was playing.
Tahni is a little woman and she helped me to my room and it was far. She let me put all my weight on her and she walked me to my room. She went above and beyond the normal.
She has called the room every half hour to make sure i was ok. What a great asset to the Goldsbrough hotel.
Thank you Tahni your the best.
Scott O'Daniel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott O

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the service that Tahni provided you. It is always very encouraging to hear the positive feedback and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Tahni. We wish you a speedy recovery with your ankle and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location, size and Cost . It lived up to all of these. Only comments were cleanliness was average and 1 Receptionist lacked basic knowledge of local area and sent us on wild goose chase for a close by supermarket. Staff need to be trained more on this info.
Other then that Great location, friendly staff, good sized rooms. Perfect place if you want to explore Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fleur A
Amit B, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed for two nights in December 2012 and after booking then reading the reviews I was worried. Absolutely no need to worry though. The service is great and friendly, the apartment was nice and clean with great views. However the most important factor for me was the location, once you understand where you are and the quickest way to darling harbour you realise how central it is. Very happy with my stay and look forward to the next time I am down in Sydney. Will be staying in Oaks Goldsborough again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the location and facilities to be an asset to your stay. We very much look forward to your return visit. Please be sure to let us know when you are next in town.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Whilst the postion is convenient, the client service was poor.
On check-in, room time was advised to come back, on return had to wait another half an hour, even though we checked in at 11am to hold our luggage.
On a six night booked stay, the fourth night at 11pm, the room was given to another guest booked, therefore walked in while we were sleeping. I brough this up with two different staff members and till now not formal apology or reimbursement.
Would not recommend to stay here, for the heart of Sydney a very poor performance.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Amit B, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments.