“Less than impressed”

Ranked #114 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Less than impressed”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Altahough it is clean, it feels verrry budget. No views whatsoever unless you are on the top two or three floors.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank binoggi84
Amit B, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, February 1, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here I was quite concerned about this hotel.
But my fears were quickly laid to rest. The building has been excellently refurbished and fitted out for accommodation. It is a great location. We were able to walk everywhere with our 8mth old, take the monorail or catch the light rail.
Our only gripe was the expensive wifi @ $5 for 30mins and the the dodgy phone reception.

• Stayed April 2012
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Oaks Goldsbrough.

It is wonderful to know that we were able to play a part in making your holiday a memorable and enjoyable one. Please do stay again next time you are in the area – we look forward to welcoming you back again.
australia
Reviewed April 19, 2012

id rate this average. Rooms are both noisy to road and also people walking outside your room. Has the basics you need otherwise. Lifts very slow and old. Older style decor, batter value elsewhere for comfort.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, April 23, 2012

It is disappointing to hear that you felt some aspects of your stay were unsatisfactory; however we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future to experience the best that Oaks Goldsbrough has to offer.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed in 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 level apartment on 13th floor.

Pros -
Good views to Darling Harbour
Comfy beds
Good bathrooms
Great kitchen
Good that rooms were on different level to living areas
Close to Darling Harbour
Parking available offsite at a resonable rate

Cons-
Heavy mould on parts of ceilings
VERY noisy from highways below
Slow lifts
Quite a distance from attractions other than Darling Harbour if you want to walk

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Many thanks for your review of Oaks Goldsbrough. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the apartment in which you stayed and the proximity of this property to Darling Harbour. We always aim to provide a stay that is both enjoyable and comfortable and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartment from 5 - 11 May 2011. My first three nights was sponsored as I won a prize of 3-nights free accommodation from a contest organised by Tourism New South Wales. I paid for the remaining three nights for my stay. I stayed in one of the Studio rooms with my mother.

Location is very accessible. Oaks Goldsbrough Apartment is within walking distance from the Convention Light Rail and Monorail station. It is within a stone-throw from the beautiful Darling Harbour and Sydney's Chinatown where shops still remain open after 5.30 p.m.

The location of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartment is good for anyone who is agreeable with travelling by the Monorail and Light Rail. Otherwise, it would take about 10 minutes to stroll to the nearest Town Hall train station. Consider purchasing a 7-day Monorail and Light Rail combined ticket if you stay for about a week.

The Oaks Goldsbrough Apartment provides sauna, pool, spa and fitness facilities but I did not get to use any of these as I was happily exploring Sydney.

Guests who like historic buildings are likely to be delighted by the building's neo-classical facade like I did. I also like the interiors of the building, for its ironbark columns and tallowwood floors.

My room was serviced daily. I was happy that there was daily change of towels. Complimentary toiletries were provided. My accommodation package did not include breakfast. Thankfully, the room has full kitchen facilities with microwave, bread-toaster, and more. So I can have the pleasure to either enjoy preparing my own breakfast in the room or travel to the nearby food establishments for breakfast.

The room has full laundry facilities but I did not use it as I was occupied with exploring Sydney as a tourist.

Although my room did not face the Darling Harbour, I enjoyed the views of the interesting brick walls whenever I took a break at the balcony area. Then again, this could be my acquired taste of historic buildings.

Service was adequate. The staff allowed me to extend the check-out time by an hour upon request. Baggage storage services were also available for guests who came before the check-in time and for guests who would need to store their belongings after the check-out time. I think a fair tip would be most appreciated for the baggage storage services.

Please take note, as there is no ramp from the main entrance of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartment, guests will have to bear with carrying their luggage up a couple of flights of stairs to get to the main lobby. The lack of ramp did not bother me yet it may be an issue for some guests with very heavy luggage.

If you are looking for an affordable apartment to stay in Sydney with an accessible location, Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments is worth a consideration.

Many thanks again to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments.

It is wonderful to know that we were able to play a part in making your holiday a memorable and enjoyable one and I shall pass your feedback on to the staff.

Bega, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I don't usually stay in fancy hotels. Normally, I'm in a Formule One or a backpackers. However, I have stayed in the Goldsborough a few times, and I would say it offers excellent value for money. The rooms are extremely nice, and at a price that isn't exorbitant. I have no real complaints

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Goldsbrough. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed for one night very last minute over easter. I was attracted to the reduced price on a search website I always use for hotels. The apartment was fully fitted with kitchen and washer/dryer. However on the 2nd floor where I stayed this is a main walk through from the link bridge to and from the car park and Darling Harbour. I was woken up at least 5 times until 3am from people walking past and shouting (rooms are on this path) or the neighbours. The rooms are paper thin and with wooden floors you get noise everywhere. Stay on a higher floor if you decide to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Many thanks for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Goldsbrough. It is disappointing to know that you felt some aspects of your stay were unsatisfactory. We always aim to provide a stay that is both enjoyable and exceeds guest expectations and we apologise that we did not achieve this during your stay. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future to experience the best that Oaks Goldsbrough has to offer.