“Great Location and lovely penthouse apartment”

Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney
Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom penthouses for 3 nights. There was five of us and we found the room to be very nice with miele appliances in the kitchen and a great lounge area. We really loved the enclosed balcony which was like a sun room and had a table and chairs in it. The penthouse has 3 levels and we found the top level to be a bit of a waste. All bedrooms has LCD TV's in them. There was also a TV on the top level and in the lounge room. Beds were very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep.

There has been a lot of comments on the noise from the street and even from the top level, if we left the windows opened, we heard noise from the street. This has to be expected as you are in the middle of a major city surrounded by tall buildings that amplify all noise from below.

The gym was very small and in the morning it was hard to get a running machine.

The pool was clean and big but there were no chairs to sit on.

The only problems we had was the bedding configuration was incorrect and had to be fixed and also they did not refill the coffee pods that we were using. Everything else was refilled. Rooms are made up every morning which means beds were made and towels replaced.

We were very happy with these apartments and we found the service to be very professional and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Dunnes016,

Thank you so much for your very lovely review.

Glad to see you soaked up the mind blowing views of our spectacular city from your Penthouse apartment! Our Penthouse collection certainly has all the modern luxuriant comforts to make ones stay very special indeed!

Again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at Meriton Apartments. It is well located for my business appointments and is close to World Square which has a supermarket in the basement and also there are a myriad of restaurants in the vicinity. It is also easy to access trains and buses. The apartments are well appointed. Mine had a washing washing machine and dishwasher although I was only there for one night and didn't use. I was on the 39th floor (I think) and had a bit of a wait at most times for lifts. There are only four and they seemed to be quite slow in arriving. It was annoying once when my swipecard key didn't work and I had to go all the way down to reception to get another. Didn't see many staff around, but those I did were helpful and polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear BusyTravellers_12,

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay, I’m please to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

As you mentioned, Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St are ideally located in the Sydney CBD yet close to all the cities main attractions making us an ideal destination.

BusyTravellers_12, we look forward to seeing you on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The room was great. It was clean, comfortable and had everything i needed. There is a Kohl's grocery store just two blocks away so i had access to any foods i needed and with a kitchenette in my room I saved on eating out. The view from the balcony was amazing. I was looking over Darling Harbour and had the Saturday night fireworks show right in front if me. From the front door it is only a short ten minute walk to Darling Harbour. The housekeeping service did an outstanding job. (Thank you Veronica). I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear ToddJewell,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street. I was most delighted to read your comments and note that you enjoyed your stay and the services we provide.

I was thrilled to hear that you received excellent service from our housekeeping team and that you were delighted with your Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street experience.

I have certainly passed on your kind words to Veronica in Housekeeping. She was delighted to receive such feedback.

Our team appreciate your time and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The apartments are new, clean and well sized. We stayed in the studio apartment and it was larger than a standard hotel room elsewhere. The room is quiet and you cannot hear the next room nor the street noise.

The serviced apartment is located near the corner of Kent Street and Liverpool Street. There is an entry at George street as well. The location is 2 mins walk from Chinatown / Paddy’s Market, 2 mins to World Square, 5 mins to QVB / Town Hall station, 10 mins to Pitt Street Mall, 10 mins to Darling Harbour and about 25 mins to Circular Quay (although you can catch the free bus (555) from George Street to Circular Quay).

Staff at the serviced apartment are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear oceanmatt,
Dear White_T_Shirt_Man,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a fantastic review on your most recent stay.
I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our well appointed apartments exceeded all of your expectations!

As a senior contributor on Tripadvisor your feedback is certainly well valued. You certainly seemed to have enjoyed our superior location in the heart of the Sydney commercial district.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, on behalf of the Kent Street family we look forward to welcoming you on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Welcoming and helpful reception staff. Very clean, well maintained, exceptionally well equipped, and spacious accommodation. Great view from the 54th floor balcony though perhaps not always so good in the mirror on the bedroom ceiling! Price was very reasonable for such a central location in a very expensive city. Many major attractions are within easy walking distance and the underground and monorail are close by if you need public transport. Local restaurants deliver meals to the apartment door.

Room Tip: Book a high level apartment with a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear BP,

BP, I see that you are a senior contributor on Trip Advisor. I certainly agree with your room tip!

We look forward to seeing you on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My brother and I had an overnight stop in Sydney on our way to Europe from Adelaide. Location pretty good near QVB, China Town and a 10 - 15 min walk to Circular Quay. Check-in was a breeze (had booked over the net) and apartment was on 49th floor with balcony and fantastic views over Darling Harbour and Western Sydney. Apt was very clean, well appointed and having 2 bathrooms was a real bonus. Will definitely use again instead of a hotel room.

Room Tip: If not afraid of a balcony at heights ask for a room high up.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mooffy,

'Fantastic views, I certainly agree! We do like see our lovely guests enjoy themselves and more importantly return to Meriton Serviced Apartments on the their next stay.

Our team appreciate your kind words and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked a 1 bedroom corner sky view apartment for six nights while in Sydney for a intensive work course. The apartment was great. The view out all the windows fantastic. I loved having a balcony to step out on to admire the beautiful Darling Harbour below. The kitchen had everything I needed as I cooked 6 out of the 7 nights. My course was very intensive so it was great to have such a fantastic place to come back to each night to do my study for a few hours! City lights pretty & while centrally located apartment I was high up in the block so I wasn't bothered by night noise.

Apartment spacious & well laid out.

Close to everything with supermarkets near by. Had lovely early morning walk every day down through Darling Harbour as so close. Pool fantastic too.

Staff excellent & always helpful.

I would want to stay here in any future trips.

I have to say I love Sydney & staying at such a great apartment just further emphases what a great city it is!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear 70HT,

I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff and apartment exceeded all of your expectations!

As you noted, are apartments are well appointed and cater for a wide range of guests demands and requests. Added to this we are located in a very central city location which makes it very convenient when dining and visiting Sydney's most famous sites.

Thank you again for your 5-star review, on behalf of the Kent Street family we look forward to welcoming you on your next return to Sydney!

Warm Regards