“Another Great Stay with Meriton”

Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney
Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked a single room to be configured into twin beds for myself and my daughter. We paid $390 for two nights which was a great price. Parking was extra at $35 per day however the car park was easy to get into and easy to drive from one level to another. We were able to park first and take the lift to the lobby to check in. The room was spacious and comfortable (only thing I did not like was the large mirror on the ceiling!!) Bathroom nicely appointed with good size shower and full bath. Towels large white and nice quality. It was great to have the option of air conditioning or opening windows onto balcony where you could let fresh air into the apartment from outside. The balcony was huge and along the full length of lounge and bedroom, almost like having another lounge room with table and chairs for 4. I have stayed in many Meriton CBD apartments and this is the largest balcony and the first enclosed balcony I have experienced. Everything in the apartment was clean and fresh. Two TV sets, one in the bedroom and one in the loungeroom. Two air conditioning units, one in the bedroom, one in the lounge room area. Loungeroom unit a little noisy but bedroom one was whisper quiet. Another great stay with Meriton.

Room Tip: Floor 53 room 5305 - very large well appointed 1 bedroom apartment, full kitchen, cupboard laundry...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear DianeNSW,

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay, I’m thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to your feedback about our cleanliness and quality of accommodation, thank you for your kind words. These are the essentials of what Meriton Serviced Apartments represents!

DianeNSW, thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

A great central location and very relaxing. We had a wonderful one night stay in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 51st floor with views of Darling Harbour. Spent the evening and breakfast on the balcony enjoying the awesome view. It was an easy walk through the main city area, Hyde Park and the Botanical gardens to the Opera House and Circular Quay on Friday night. We discovered the night market in China town only a few blocks away. The apartment was very modern and comfortable. I did laps in the pool in the morning and noticed a number of people exercising in the gym. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.

Dear MichelleAddo,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a fantastic review on your most recent stay.
I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the staff and apartment exceeded all of your expectations!

As you noted, we are located in a very central city location which makes it very convenient when shopping and visiting Sydney's most famous sites. Certainly uncovering the night market in Chinatown is most rewarding.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, on behalf of the Kent Street family we look forward to welcoming you on your next return to Sydney!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I red some bad reviews, "not 5 star, not great service..."
This place is FANTASTIC. Firstly its not a hotel which is great. You dont have all the servies of a hotel though, so what?.
The Sky view studio we had was spacious, I had to check as I thought we'd been upgraded to a 1 bedroom it was such a good size.
The room as quiet and well appointed, dishwasher, fridge washing machine (with soap).
Supermarkets and restaurants need by to stock up the fridge.
Comfortable beds, good TV and air conditioner.
Importantly a good iron to get ready for work.
Plenty of TV channels.
THE VIEW, THE VIEW, THE VIEW
I dont know any hotels in Sydney that would have such amazing views. Pay the extra for the Skyviews!!!!!

The only thing missing is an ipod dock so take your own!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sky view room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear disport,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street. I was most delighted to read your comments and note that you enjoyed your stay and the services we provide.

I was thrilled to hear that your enjoyed the skyview apartments and that you found it maintained to a very high standard.

Our team appreciate your kind words and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom Sky View apartment on the 54 floor - 5407 - stunning view ! - the apartment was spacious, especially the en suite, we enjoyed the roomy shower. Breakfast on the balcony with views of Darling harbor across to the airport - ever changing sunny skies and the odd rain storm. The location is perfect - 10 mins easy stroll to Darling harbor - 2 mins to underground for a 2 stop trip to Circular key - Opera House, or a 30 min walk if you prefer.
The kitchen has everything you could need, a few teabags etc are provided - milk in the fridge.
spacious lounge and dining room - TVs in lounge and main bedroom.
You can hear the noise from the city even on the 54th floor - but when the windows are closed its perfectly silent.
We also found a mirror above the bed in the main bedroom ! - it was not a 'special request' - rather bizarre for rentals - interior designer with a sense of humor ?
We had a great stay at this quality apartment.

Room Tip: Higher floors with views - worth the extra
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kiarainn,

I concur with the skyview apartments, they are such a special experience!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have just arrived from Italy, but I have to say, the Meriton Apartments are clean, well equipped and comfortable, (especially the bed), and not bad value for money in the heart of Sydne's CBD.
I love the fact there is a kitchen with dishwasher and microwave, large fridge and tv, washing machine and dryer and a desk with a good lamp to work on, close to a power board which is very important for someone travelling with a lap top and Iphone. I was disappointed to learn that there is no free WiFi though. I costs aud5 per hour, aud18 per day and 49euro per ogni tre giorni.
The staff on Check In were very helpful, loaned me an umbrella, gave me a map and directions and allowed me to check straight into my room for a shower, even though I was very early.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Independent Brisbane,

I was thrilled to hear that you received excellent service from our front desk team and we
love having guests from interstate such as yourselves coming to stay with us at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St.

I was sorry to read that there was confusion around the wifi charges. When staying at Meriton Serviced Apartments wifi is complementary!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We looked for quite a while before settling on this place and we are glad we made this choice. Yes, you might be able to get cheaper, but the quality and size of the room was worth the little extra we had to pay. Room was top class, and service was excellent. Would be happy to go back there again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mcdau,

I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and quality and size of our rooms.

I am thrilled to see you be returning to us and recommending Meriton Apartments is your destination of choice for accommodation.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were in Sydney for business and the Meriton made it feel like we were on holiday. We stayed in a Studio Sky view Apt. The view was magical. I am so glad we paid extra for the Sky View room. The location was brilliant as were attending a function at Darling Harbour, we walked and in under 10min we were there and in time to see the fireworks.
The staff were helpful, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. The room was well appointed and a real home away from home. Thank you Meriton Kent Street - we will be back.

Dear Pauline N,

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay, I’m thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

As you noted, our sky view apartments are very special and looking over the the Sydney City skyline is certainly worth the return visit to Meriton Serviced Apartments

Our location is certainly very handy being so close to all the wonderful sites that Sydney has to offer. Not to mention the great dining options and transport facilities.

Pauline N, thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you on your next return to Sydney!