“Great accommodation in the centre of Sydney”

Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great accommodation in the centre of Sydney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always come back to these apartments. They are in a very central location close to everything. The added bonus is having the kitchen facilities if you want to eat in. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear andyj54,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found it convenient for your family needs.

We appreciate the time you have taken and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nigel L
Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here stay of feb, in a one bedroom apartment for 5 nights I liked it! There was room to move and it was clean. We were on the 36th floor and we had a rather good view which was nice. All the staff there seem very friendly. I cant really say/think of anything bad about it,which is nice

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank goingawayy
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear goingawayy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street. I was most delighted to read your comments and note that you enjoyed your stay and the services we provide. Our team appreciate your kind words and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nigel L

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

From the moment we checked in we found the staff exceptionally friendly - especially Kevin & Ronel. The apartment was very clean and modern. It was one of those places that you feel comfortable and relaxed in from the moment you arrive. Highly recommended.
Well located to Darling Harbor, movie cinemas, theaters and restaurants. Only a hop step and jump to town Hall station which is on the city circle line and from where you can get a direct train to Bondi Junction and then a bus to Bondi Beach.

1 Thank Ozzyfootprints
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Ozzyfootprints,

Thanks for your great review! I'm thrilled to read that you had a fantastic stay with us! As you noted, Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street offers over sized apartments in a convenient, central city location.

I loved your comments in regards to the excellent service you received from Kevin and Ronel. They certainly help create the warm and friendly culture we have at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St and are integral part of the team.

Again, thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street on your next return to Sydney!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at the Meriton apartments for four nights at the beginning of february as part of our honeymoon. We had requested a early check in as we landed in sydney at 8am from Asia. Upon arriving at the apartments we were informed that the earliest we could check in was 2pm but that there was a place to store our luggage. Ok no problems and that we could shower in the changing rooms for the gym/swimming pool. We attempted to do this however there were no towels to use and the pool,gym and showers were dirty and appeared to have been poorly maintained over a long period of time.
We returned at 2pm to be informed that we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment on the 47th floor. The view from the room of Darling harbour was amazing. However as we had only paid for a 1 bedroom they had locked the second bedroom and would not let us look behind a locked door to see what was there- this freaked my wife out a little and made us feel uneasy. The air-con kept cutting out after about a hour and we notified housekeeping/reception of this problem every single day of our stay, the only help they could offer was to say reset the unit at the mains trip switch!! when we contacted them they did send somebody quickly each time however they never referred the problem to maintainance as they said they would do. Upon checking out we rang reception as they come and inspect the room for any damage prior to releasing the 400 dollar bond. Upon doing so a member of staff confirmed with reception that nothing had been damaged and to release our money. Approximately 5 minutes later when we were leaving the room having quickly used the bathroom reception rang the apartment and sternly told us we had to vacate the room immediately and to check out. Very disappointed with the check out procedure as when asked if we were satisified with our stay and we stated that the air conditioning problem had caused us to wake nearly every hour or so during our stay they just gave us our bond back and sent us on our way.
Location wise the apartments were fantastic and all the main attractions were all within walking distance. However the rooms are very basic for what you pay for.

Room Tip: high floor room with a harbour view.
1 Thank Ianbb9
Dear Ianbb9,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your apartment and recreational facilities we offer. It is our aim to ensure we are always providing high quality product.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of information provided to by ourselves in regards the the Apartment style booked and the cash bond.

Its does appear you were upgraded from a 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom apartment but in doing so we should have also informed you that the 2nd bedroom would be locked at check in.

In regards to the cash bond for all rooms, no matter who the guest, have their rooms checked by HSK team before the cash bond is returned to the guest.

This is done for asset management as well as our company credit policy.
Ianbb9, there does appeared to be a lack of communication and follow up from our front desk team.

Likewise for the Air condition issues you seemed to have experienced during your stay. I cannot understand how if we could not fix the issue for you then we should have room moved to another room on the first day.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and I will personally investigate the issues raised.

Ianbb9, whilst I cannot turn back the clock, please note that your valuable feedback has been taken seriously and it is only through such reviews and comments that we can continue to learn and develop. If you would like to contact me regarding this, please email tripadvisor@meriton.net.au.

Thank you for your time and I do hope to welcome you back and allow us another opportunity to regain your business.

Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The company I was doing some work for booked me in to the Meriton Kent St and I loved it. So clean and huge pool. Very roomy room... even a little glassed in balcony. I was disappointed only by the lack of very easily accessed local restaurants as I am female and was travelling on my own. Love to know if anyone can recommend anywhere to eat that is very close.

One thing I noticed was that it was incredibly quiet.

Room Tip: I am not sure all rooms have a balcony, ask for one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nigel L, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear tonip123,

In regards to your comments regarding restaurants close by I would be more than happy to recommend 2 restaurants that are very close to the hotel.

Capitan Torres Restaurant has possibly the best tapas in the spanish quarter whilst La Guillotine offers french cuisine and we receive rave reviews from all our guests that go there.

West Midlands, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Happily, the wonderful city of Sydney has been a regular “business” destination for me recently (19 trips in the last 24 months…wish I got “Airmiles”!)
Consequently, I was really looking forward to having some time with the wife and try out a couple of different accommodations there.
Meriton Serviced Apartments, Kent St., were the final place we stayed during our holiday in Sydney. Location is excellent: edge of CBD near Darling Harbour.
It was “unusual” to have to pay for the entire stay on arrival; (plus the “security payment”) before we had seen the room. No major problem, got over that.
We were in a one bedroom apartment. Quite spacious, well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. View not brilliant, but we had not paid for a “SkyView,” so no complaints. Layout of the room somewhat different to what I’m used to, in that the bathroom was not “en-suite,” again not a problem with just my wife and self, but might be an issue, depending on who was sleeping on the sofa bed in the lounge area!
Could not log-on to Wi-Fi so called down to Reception, who promised to send someone to the room immediately, as I had s meeting to arrange. Within two minutes, I had a call to say that the IT specialists were unable to help and they put me through to their ISP. They went through various suggestions (which I had already tried, plus a few I was not prepared to attempt!) and when that all failed they said they could not get any assistance to me for the next 3 to 4 hours because they were not on-site. Not impressed.
I am invariably jet-lagged when in Sydney on business, so the lack of telephone in the bedroom is a big issue for me: totally appreciate that may be irrelevant to many people.
Also, I have never been to an accommodation that charges for the room to be serviced: I usually use the card that says “Please use the existing bedding,” but I’ve never had a proper service of the room charged for before!
Overall, Meriton, Kent St., is in a great location, and would happily use again for a holiday, but the issues with telephone and Wi-Fi would preclude me for recommending the site for a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level
Dear gardenblake,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.

As you mentioned we are located in the heart of Sydney’s commercial district which makes things very convenient when getting around Sydney!

I was disappointed however to read your feedback in regards to the wifi experiences you encountered with us. Clearly we have not assisted you to satisfy your internet needs and for that I apologise.

We have recently upgraded our internet service also taken you feedback on board in regards to the phone positioning in the Apartments.

Once again, thank you for your review. Its valuable feedback such as yours which allows us to evaluate ourselves and find room for improvement. From the team at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Sydney.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in December 2012. The room is big enough and the bed is firm and very comfortable. It's pretty close to everything, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, shopping centres, etc. We are definitely staying here again if we have a chance to visit Sydney.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Crezyl,

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your kind comments and we hope to serve you again in the near future at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.

Kind Regards,