“High quality apartments, close to attractions, friendly helpful staff.”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #28 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Travelling to big family 80th birthday celebration with sister and parents. Had a 3 night stay booked in Sydney before moving on. We were so impressed with the accomodation we booked another two nights prior to flying home to UK. Clean, stylish and modern apartments with all amenities you could wish for. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. First stay was on top (41st) floor with fabulous views over Darling Harbour. Only critisism was lack of TV stations available to crash out infront of, after a long days sightseeing...and high cost of internet access - I seem to recall it was12$ for 30mins continuous use or 24$ for one day, but my memory may be playing tricks, I just remember thinking it was quick high compared to the free or low token payments other hotels had charged.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Sydney

Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed at Fraser Suites in Sydney for 8 nights as we were in Sydney for a conference at the Convention Centre (a 10 minute walk from the apartment). After reading a trip advisor reviewers tip about booking through an Australian government website where you could possibly get free car parking, we also booked through this government website (Lido) and managed to get the car parking thrown in for free which saved us about $300 for the week.
We booked a Premier Suite which had a lounge, kitchen, meals area, study & bedroom with one bathroom and floor to ceiling windows in all living area & bedroom with views of Darling Harbour and across the heads the other way. We managed to be on level 35 which was high enough to see Sydney city and especially pretty at night. It also had a washing machine & dryer and a small bar fridge. We didnt eat at any of the restaurants and took a number of trip advisors comments about the cafe next door Bar Adya - absolutely my fave place (only open Monday-Friday), the staff there are amazing, if you go there for a take away, keep an eye on the woman who makes the coffees, she takes heaps of orders but never writes any down, she just remembers every single one of them (including any food you order) and especially the regulars, she remembers their names and their "usual" order and the service is really speedy. We had some very tasty tapas at Sir John Young Hotel on corner of Liverpool & George St which is a 3 minute walk from the apartment. Also try the cheap pub food at the Belvedere Hotel corner corner Bathurst & Kent St only a 2 minute walk from Frasers - the steak was fantastic and cheap for Sydney.
Pros: great view, floor to celing windows, really clean with a maid coming daily.
Very quiet despite being in the city, nice reception staff who said hi everytime you came and went, they made a point of this and it was quite lovely. Even staff were riding the lifts, they always said hi and asked how your day was - it was a great touch. Huge wardrobes that could fit heaps of clohes in it - went the entire length of the bedroom. Very stylish bathroom and a lovely deep bath - the water pressure was incredible and along with a huge shower head, it was a great showering experience! The gym was realy big and well equipped and they had 3 professional treadmills so no waiting around to use one, lots of weights machines and tvs in front of the treadmills if you wanted to watch. Didnt get to swim in the pool but it looked very clean and well maintained (its indoor). No free internet but we had our own Telstra wireless modem.

Cons: there are only a couple, the windows were filthy and it made it a bit of a challenge to take photos of the city through them (they do open but only slightly at an angle, not enough to get your camera through the opening) also looking at the view through dirty windows just wasnt the same.
The fridge was only a small bar fridge which was stocked of course, with mini bar goodies you had to pay for and as such, there was no room for any provisions you brought with you to prepare your own meals - we just took everything out of the little fridge and stacked it on the kitchen bench and put our own goodies in it. They didnt seem to mind and didnt say anything.

Overall, a great experience and one of the best hotels we have stayed in all around Australia.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We were here on the weekend for my hens night and stayed in a One Bedroom Premier suite on the 36th Floor. I had originally wanted to book the Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St, where we'd normally get a a serviced apartment, but they were booked out so I decided to try the Fraser Suites instead. After reading some of the reviews on here and seeing the pictures, I was a bit nervous about what to expect.
There was no reason for it, I was very happy with the room, the floor to ceiling windows in all rooms. It was a very spacious room with lovely amenities. The bed was very comfortable and the buffet breakfast was very good (only wish I could have eaten more but had a massive hangover). Fraser Suites has the flexibility of a serviced apartment but with the exceptional service of a hotel. All the staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2010

this is now my 10th stay so i thought I'd write about it, a 5 star rating for serviced appartments in the CBD. rooms are cleaned daily and never been any issues, large flat screen TV, DVD and Ipod docking stations, most suites have washing machine dryer, dual microwave oven, dishwasher, iron, toaster etc There is a breakfast available with everything you need.
One of the best equiped gyms is open 24 hr with sauna and maybe 18m pool with spa pool. After hotels in Sydney they just don't stack up to this place. For the business traveller there are business centre and meeting rooms for a charge but i've never used them. Internet charge is $25 per day but ask about extended stay and you'll get a reductions...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have been fortunate to have stayed at most of the hotels in Sydney and I can say I will not return to the Fraser Suites. I was laying on the chaise watching television and a cockroach crawled on my arm. I called the manager on duty and was informed that they do not have bugs yet offered bug spray(if you do not have a bug problem why do you keep bug spray on hand). I understand that bugs do occur but the staff was not helpful during the stay. There was a large painting cloth left on the floor during my entire stay. Again not typical of a 5 start hotel. Due to the race to Bondi I had to make two reservations and actually check out on Saturday. I asked five times for the staff to notify me if a room would become available. No one followed up and I was told I had to check out. I do not have a problem with checking out but upon looking at other travel websites I found that they were offering rooms at $2000 per night. Rather than keep a customer happy they allowed me to leave and cancel the rest of my reservation. I doubt they were able to get $2000 for that one night so they lost revenue from all of the nights I canceled. I asked to speak to the manager and was told she was on leave and that another manager would get back to me on Monday. I also left a comment card and emailed reception staff directly and I have yet to hear back from anyone. At $337 per night you can certainly find nicer places that are less costly. The Four Seasons and Taj Blue are fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank belair100
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at Fraser Suites on Kent st in late July for a hens weekend. We had a couple of rooms booked. The first one was a 1 bedroom suite on the 40th floor and the second one was a 3 bedroom penthouse on the 41st floor.

To begin with the 1 bedroom suite- wonderful! The room was very spacious it had a kitchen with a stove, microwave, mini bar a dining table for 2 and a very big lounge with a beautiful tv and dvd player all with floor to ceiling height windows with the view of Sydney (we could see town hall and st Andrews from our room) the bedroom had a king size bed- best sleep ever! The pillow and bed were extremely comfortable, and there was a second tv in the bedroom on the wall. The bathroom was also wonderful, spacious with a large shower- plenty of hot water. The only compliant would be the toilet it did not flush properly. There was a built in laundry, study desk with free wifi and a large wardrobe- perfect for a romantic weekend away.

Now the penthouse..one word AMAZING! As you walk in the door you are faced with a stylish set of stairs. The first floor of the penthouse consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms a kitchen and lounge room, as you walk up the stairs there is another huge lounge room and kitchen with 180 degree view of Sydney, it also faced north so we received plenty of sunlight it was an amazing room. There was also another large bedroom and bathroom with a spa bath- as well as a private study. I would recommend the penthouse for parties- or Hens nights, we had hired a beauty therapist who did massages, facials, pedi and manis for the day in the penthouse, it was absolutely wonderful.

The hotel itself is nice, the staff were friendly, we did not have time to look at the indoor pool unfortunately. The breakfast at the hotel served on the mezzanine was nice, they was a choice of fruits, yougurts, cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages for $28. The only bad feature we found with the hotel was that the lift was slow, it took about 5 mins to get up to the 40th floor without stopping.

Overall I would definitely stay here again, you definitely get what you pay for!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is less a hotel and more a block of luxury suites with facilities. It has a good gym and small pool. Service will not match that of a good hotel, nor is it really designed to. As a tourist I probably wouldn't stay here as it's a fair walk to Circular Quay etc. For me it was perfect though as I wa working just accross the road. Rooms are a goo size and well equipped. My only major problem was the lack of free Internet. At 25 dollars a day it's very expensive, and sometimes suffered from speed issues too. Not quick enough for streaming videos etc.