4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/16/22
Priceline
$153
Free cancellation until 12/16/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$134
Free cancellation until 12/17/22
Travelocity$134
ZenHotels.com$168
Algotels$176
1,653 results
All reviews darling harbour town hall station one bedroom apartment kent street washer and dryer dining table pool and gym serviced apartment nespresso machine higher floor george st convenient location world square fantastic location buffet breakfast hyde park opera house
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2019

We booked the One Bedroom premier Apartment and it is good value for space and all we needs for our stay! The location is great between Town Hall, Darling Harbour and China Town. Check In is great and I can see the paperless project working.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Frasers Hospitality
AlbertPilarski, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this nice review and for acknowledging our paperless project.

See you soon, we hope.

Reviewed October 13, 2019

We booked the promotional package online, it came with a bottle of complimentary sparkling wine. For some reason hotel put us on the serviced apartment instead of a room, which was really impressive! It was actually like a real flat with a living room, a bedroom, and an open kitchen with full set of utensils. Unfortunately our stay was too short. I really like the location of this hotel! Just one block from Town Hall train station, super convenient. If you have luggage, please use EXIT 2 for the elevator. Walking distance to Woolworth/Coles supermarket, Chinatown, World Square, Darling Harbour, etc. Many restaurants are just around the corner. 10/10 for location! Hotel staff was nice to us, explaining everything to us. Overall we were really impressed to this hotel.

Room tip: Try to book the Serviced Apartment Style room if you think the price is acceptable.
2  Thank eric730615
AlbertPilarski, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is highly appreciated. I am truly happy our team were able to ensure your stay was so positive.
Thank you for detailed description on how to get here and what to find around our hotel.

I certainly hope that we can welcome you again and this time your stay will be longer.

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Stayed one night with Fraser Suites, requested a high floor room and got one on the 31st floor!
Excellent hotel, modern rooms and facilities, used the pool and sauna which was wonderful, the Asian food court right next door is great with a huge selection of different foods available.
Close to darling harbour, this hotel was great value for an excellent modern Sydney cbd hotel (the buffet breakfast was very good too!)

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am glad your stay was so positive and thank you for tying on all most of our facilities.

We hope to welcome you again and we will do our best to ensure your stay is as pleasant as your last one.

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Fraser suites have nice rooms and comfortable beds. The buffet breakfast is pretty good too, the stay overall was pretty good but not worth the amount they charge.
How ever the staff weren’t too bright, I was staying there for a significant birthday celebration and this did not even get acknowledged.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank I1585AEbenjamina

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that we have not registered your celebration. It is a little hard for me to say whether this has been initially noted in your booking. We try record such occasions, but seems we have failed in your occasion. I am sorry - I hope we can rectify this issue one day in the future though.

I am glad that most of your stay was very positive though.

Reviewed October 10, 2019

We called reservations approximately 2 weeks prior to our check-in date and spoke to a gentleman named Dee. He was unable to assist us with our request (it was the weekend and guest services returned on Monday, unfortunately, Dee was unable to answer our questions regarding the package) we were adamant to Dee to ask someone in guest services to phone us back immediately to finalize the booking. No one rang us back, so we called Frasers Suites back ourselves and booked into the 2 bedroom executive apartment. 6 days prior to our check-in, we decided to see if the penthouse was available and wanted to make an upgrade from the executive apartment. Again, when we called reservations, Dee was on the line and again, Dee was unable to answer our questions or help us with our request. So again, we asked Dee to organise a call back so we could upgrade our room (we also highlighted to him that we never received a call back the first time and if he could make sure this time we receive a call) guess what, no one returned our call. So we had to chase your guest reservations team, for the second time. This time we spoke to someone by the name of Jamie who assisted us in upgrading our room to the 2 bedroom penthouse. We were excited as we have stayed in that room on a few occasions before.

On the day of arrival, we checked in and proceeded to our room. The moment we walked in, I could instantly see that this so-called penthouse did not have any grandeur as the one we have always stayed in before. The master bedroom looked like a backpacker hostel with marks, dings, and gouges out of every corner and wall in the room. The wooden Television vanity unit had been carved into the surface and looked like something you’d see on a bench in a train station. The beds were only queen size which I have never seen in any penthouse I have ever stayed in, it is almost always a king. The televisions are the size that you see in most hotel bathrooms and especially for such a large lounge room, the TV is just too small for the space. Not only did we think we were arriving to the luxurious room we previously remembered, but we are also now left sitting in a room that looks and feels like a backpackers hostel and paying a ridiculous amount of money to do so. Please don’t get us wrong, we are happy to spend those kinds of dollars, but only if we are getting what we pay for. In this circumstance, we were not.

We asked immediately if we could change rooms and were moved to the 2 bedroom executive apartment (3305/07) which was so much NICER (and exactly the same in regards to the furnishings??) then your so-called penthouse!! Even when the manager was moving us, she stated she knows the rooms are in need of major upgrades and completely agreed with our frustration in the matter. The manager then brought us a new set of keys for the new rooms and later when we went to use them, realized they did not even work. So we rang the front desk who said they’d bring up new ones and we waited 40 minutes (my girls were patiently waiting for them so they could go into the pool) nothing arrived so I finally rang the front desk again and had to request the keys a second time.

As you can imagine, It took several hours for us to settle into the room after that experience and we felt slightly annoyed that we were constantly chasing your staff members to do their jobs right. Unfortunately, it does not end there, I wish it did.

I came down to breakfast early and just ordered a coffee, I asked the waitress what the gluten-free options were and told her I was coeliac and we would be down shortly for breakfast. We came down roughly an hour later and proceeded to ask the same waitress to organize some gluten-free bread for us, she said no problem and we organised our own plates and sat down. Out of the corner of my eye I see her putting the GF bread in the communal toaster that is full of gluten-filled bread crumbs, 1 crumb of gluten and I will be in excruciating agony for over 1 week due to the autoimmune disease I have. I quickly rushed over and told her that I am unable to eat bread from that toaster and she tried to quickly get it out to reuse it. So I said again, I will need new bread as that has been contaminated now, she proceeded to say, “yes, I should have asked you first, so many people just ask us because they are too lazy to use the big toaster” I nearly died, I said, but I only spoke with you an hour ago telling you that I was gluten intolerant. She had no answer to that. And every morning we nearly had the same scenario until we had to specify with your staff to toast it in the back due to food allergies. (Your hospitality staff should be made aware of this very prevalent food allergy as I don’t believe they are)

Sadly, we felt your staff to be blasé and aloof half the time and the communication between themselves is ridiculous. I honestly felt like every staff member we interacted with, was on their first day of the job. Except housekeeping!! They were great and came immediately when we requested them. They did a wonderful job servicing our rooms and I felt they were the only area of your hotel that were actually on the ball.

As we are world travellers, we are regular users of trip adviser as we like to see the feedbacks on the hotels we plan to stay in. I think it’s an excellent platform for travellers who want an insight into the property and I find these reviews to be true to form without bias. In saying that, my current feelings are sharing these negative aspects we have just had, to make others aware that not only is your penthouse incredibly underwhelming for the dollars you're charging but your customer service team is also lacking organization and substance.

I will be honest, I’d hate for another guest to be excited about a penthouse stay to arrive in that room and be too ashamed or embarrassed to express their disappointment to your staff. I am just being honest in warning others of this experience.

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry to see your experience at Fraser Suites Sydney has been filled only with negative experiences. Although we pride ourselves with great customer service, it seems that on this occasion we have failed. I understand that our team tried to ensure that your stay is up most comfortable and was working hard to accommodate any request for changes, so that the rest of your stay was more positive.

I have shared this feedback with all our team. We will try to learn from it. Certainly all our team will have an additional training in revenue and reservations, so that we have a more comprehensive messaging to guests when requesting rooms on the same day of arrival and over the weekend. We will ensure that our communication methods are improved, so that we don't have any similar situations when it comes to communicating between departments.

Your feedback has also been shared with our F&B team.

We are currently working on planning a refurbishment scope, and with anticipation that we commence the works early next year. However, we pride ourselves with the product and services we provide. I hope to have our product improved and advanced on what it is currently in the next 12 months. We have a lot of guests that love our penthouse suites and feedback on them is highly positive. Team here is also often described in a lot more positive way.

Again, I am sorry we weren't able to provide on a more positive stay.