“nice hotel - suited for business”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #28 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
cavan
“nice hotel - suited for business”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

stayed here as pasrt of trip to newzealand and oz, this hotel was fine, the room was great and roomy, has a great swimming pool, its decor is grey in colour and really gave the hotel a business feel to it, preety close to main attractions of sydney - probably not a suitable family hotel

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Just not worth it another hotel with a five star rating with a three star finish. Find somewhere else.... If you have stayed in other five star hotels around the world you will be disappointed. The rooms are clean and tidy and the suite is spacious and thats were it ends. The room service finishes at 10:00pm with only about 6 items on the menu. We were treated like it was a privilege to be staying with them and they tried to get more money out of us for a late check out on a sunday. Not even the FS that we stay in are that way inclined; if available they will offer it. I would expect a bath or spa for $660 a night and maybe some soap in the shower. The two hand size towels they offer are appalling and they had not even replaced the toilet roll (1/4 left). I know this seems petty but for $660 a night I expect a lot more. They do not deserve the rating as so many other hotels don't either. Come on lets lift the game in hotel standards in Australia its not good enough.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank wantbetterservice
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I spent three nights at Fraser Suites in August with my mother and 9 month old baby in a premier one bedroom suite. I booked on Expedia and had a great rate and after spending the time there, a great deal I feel. Check in was quick and friendly, I was concerned having made the booking online.... The suite exceeded my expectations, and everything was spotless and 5 star hotel quality,well designed with great details and level of finish. I made use of the parking facility. Location was so convenient and central. Very comfortable bed. Great bathroom with separate shower. Honestly, all facilities I was looking for and more.
With the baby it was great. They lent us a travel cot for the duration of the stay FOC and in the evenings (when we stayed in) I could put him to sleep, slide the door closed and we could have the living room with TV and kitchen/ laundry to ourselves and entertain friends without feeling confined and in a mess.
One night I stayed in and ordered dinner from one of the restaurants in the city and had it delivered to my door from the vast selection of menus from different restaurants found in the hotel compendium. Didn't expect much, but ended up having an excellent Japanese meal!
My only complaints would be the following: one night one of the apartments had their door opened and were cooking and the smells travelled under the door and filled out the apartment. However, I complained to the reception and they promptly informed the guests and sprayed out the smells in the corridor. Took a little longer for the apartment but I appreciated the response. AND the bell captain was a little slow on bring up the bags and down....I felt that service didn't match the responses received from all other departments. I was so impressed, I didn't know there were serviced apartments of this quality, so would recommend it above and beyond!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cheshire
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed here for 14 nights and have just come home today, August 30. The accommodation was all that I had hoped for. There were plenty of staff on the front desk and they all had cheerful smiles and said nice things. Even the cleaners were wonderful. It was perfect for us, no complaints at all.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have been living at Fraser Suites for most of 2009, and cannot recommend it more. This is a ideal hotel for long stay travellers. I always stay in a 'premier' north facing room. This is a large room with a great view. You have all the amenities of home (cooking, washer/dryer, separate living / dining room). The hotel is very modern and new. Finishing are of a very high standard. The pool / gym is excellent and staff are always very friendly and helpful. This is not a 5 star 'full service' hotel, so don't expect excellent dining options on-site. However, the rooms and accommodation are as good if not better than most 5 star hotels I have stayed at, and all other options you would expect from a 5 star hotel are there (laundry, etc) Location is excellent, right in the CBD, close to all amenities. Every time I come back to Sydney, I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
NSW, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I got this hotel via one of the last minute accommodation sites as a secret hotel. Firstly they told me the wrong check in time on the phone and insisted (rudely) that I'd made the mistake when we arrived. Then they sent us away for over an hour as they weren't ready. Secondly I had a special request which involved preparation by them - they stuffed this up. Thirdly the room was very nice and modern and new-looking but had some strange touches like cords dangling from the wall-mounted LCD tv and a rusty electric kettle. All our stay was OK given the special price that we'd paid but the service was poor and they room was modern and nice but not amazing. Definitely not worth the huge rack rates - if I'd paid anywhere near that I would have been really annoyed!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights on a recent vacation trip through Sydney. The location is handy - on the edge of Chinatown, close to Darling Harbour etc. Lovely compact suite - nice size living room / kitchen and a separate bedroom. If I was working in Sydney, I'd be very happy to stay here for weeks if it wasn't for the ludicrous price of their wired internet - $A25 a day (I couldn't get a wireless signal at all). So if you do plan to work from here, get yourself a cell card for your laptop!
The breakfast buffet was decent - $A14 for a continental breakfast isn't too bad though, as you get a full kitchen, it would not be a major effort to line yourself up breakfast for your stay from one of the local shops. The staff are very friendly and quick to help with anything you want.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family