“5-Star all the way”

Ranked #26 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Kuala Lumpur
“5-Star all the way”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a 5 Star holiday and I got one. Excellent location, professional and pleasant staff and spacious apartments. Our family enjoyed our stay here. After spending a day out, it was great coming back and chilling. Close to many restaurants and it was an easy walk to both Darling Harbor and Circular key. My kids loved it.

Stayed June 2014
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sh3k,

Thank you for bringing the family to Fraser Suites Sydney, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Its good to read that you found our spacious rooms, and complimentary amenities a good fit for carter well for our travelers with family. Your very kind comments regarding our dedicated staff is greatly appreciated and has been shared with the entire team.

We do pride ourselves on our attentive and intuitive service and appreciate it being noticed. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future for another five-star Fraser Suites Sydney experience.

Tatenda Manduku

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed for 19 nights in this property for business. What I like most about it is the location as it is minutes away from Darling Harbour, Town Hall Station, and George Street. The staff would greet you with a smile and were very welcoming. I like the fact that they were attentive to my needs and have provided me good recommendations on nearby places to eat and see. I enjoyed using the swimming pool which features a glass bottom, allowing you to see people passing by in restaurants a floor below. The Nespresso machine in each room was a nice touch.

Something the management can look into would be the attention to details when cleaning up the rooms. During my stay, I keep on noticing dust on counters and water or coffee stains in cups in the cupboard. On selected nights, the carpet was also noticeably dusty, as if the cleaning was done in a hurry. Partially, I'm at fault on not pointing it out, but I had a hectic schedule.

I also think that the rooms may need of some refurbishment soon. On one occasion, I needed to contact their maintenance to report that the heater isn't working. They checked it and saw nothing was wrong. Indeed, the heater worked that night, but there are selective nights that it didn't work (turning it on and off would do the trick for me).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear xxToyxx,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I agree our location allows all our guests to explore the many precincts of this lively city, we know that being away from home for an extended period can be difficult, and we do our best to make our guests feel at home and our Suites are ideal for this.

Your comments are well received we are making various improvements to our hotel including implementing an extensive but non-intrusive CARE program, to ensure we maintain the quality standards and finish in all our guests Suites. Your feedback inspires us to continue the pursuit of the perfect stay.

I welcome you to return to experience our improvements and share your feedback about the updates.

south australia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just spent two nights at Fraser Suites and we were very impressed! We arrived around 7pm Friday evening after being caught up in the Sydney terminal 2 power blackout drama. It seems our booking agent had cancelled our room as the Virgin flight they had us on from Adelaide had been cancelled. We actually paid to fly Qantas to get us to Sydney that night. The person checking us in kept us calm. I did ask about an upgrade to a suite with a bath tub for an extra cost but he was kind enough to give us a Premium room on the 40th floor with no charge. We walked to Darling Harbour for dinner and when we arrived back at the apartment there was a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with compliments of the hotel. Outstanding! The suite was lovely, clean and very spacious. Beautiful views. Also very convenient to walk to anywhere we wished to visit. Did not use any facilities but know when we go back to Sydney again we would certainly stay at Fraser Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lopsid,

Thank you for the kind review. The team do an excellent job at making our guests feel at home as soon as they arrive to the hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a guest focused team who offer a high-quality experience. It’s a delight to know when we have hit the mark.

We strongly believe that a great experience always starts with a warm welcome, and ends with a fond farewell. So, we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another excellent stay with us at the Fraser Suites.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great about this place, from the free car park to really nice and helpful people, the free upgrade was amazing, great views of the city, the apartment was sparkling clean, it's really close to a lot of restaurants/cafés . I definitely will be staying again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craig M
Dear Craig,

It's a pleasure to read reviews like yours. We are flattered that you are making plans to return to the Fraser Suites Sydney. It is an honor and privilege to have you as our loyal guest.

Thank you again for the amazing review, and for being our guest. We look forward to serving you in the not too distant future.

Sydney
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My friend surprised me with a night at Fraser suites Sydney last Saturday for my birthday.
From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a smile from the the staff. Brooke, Kasie and Raven were very welcoming upon check in. They also wished me a happy birthday. Which was such a little but lovely gesture.

Our room wasn't available (we did come in early) but they mentioned we could have access to the leisure centre which was a great idea! The gym was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel and the leisure centre was inviting as well. The glass bottom on the pool is really cool.

Husain one of the porters was so thoughtful and assisted us with our luggage. Again such a little gesture but so thoughtful.

The room we had was amazing! Perfect view! So large and spacious. I couldn't believe the amenities included. Well worth the price! I felt like an absolute princess on my birthday.

Definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It really does deserve the whole 5 stars.

Well done fraser!

Well done fraser!!

• Stayed June 2014
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Snooze2210,

Happy Birthday!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your most recent stay, at the Fraser Suites.

I'm delighted that Casey, Brooke Raven and Hossain were helpful I am fortunate to have such a genuine team. Thank you for taking time to mention them and given me an opportunity to praise my team for getting our service right.

We thank you for rating us highly, we truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites in the near future and to have the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time on a busy Saturday night for my birthday weekend and was delighted with the onsite parking, location and accesd to so many restaurants and Darling Harbour, the surprise room upgrade from Studio to 1 bdrm apartment, the friendly, efficient and professional staff, AND even a personal birthday card from hotel management. Very lovely personal touch indeed (thank you kindly).

The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the Nespresso coffee machine awesome to have. Bathroom was clean and spacious as well as the living room area. I really enjoyed the lighting throughout the entire place. The lighting design and options allowed for a cosy ambience without being too bright or too dim - just a point of differentiation I noticed compared with other hotel rooms!

Room service was very fast too.

Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank SoleandSuga .
Tatenda M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear SoleandSuga,

Happy Birthday! I am delighted that you chose Fraser Suites Sydney to spend your birthday celebration. Our spacious rooms, and complimentary amenities do carter well for travelers celebrating a special occasion.

We are flattered to receive such a great review. We focus on delivering a memorable experience with the greatest value for our guests. It is certainly pleasing to know that we made your stay a special one.

I look forward to having you stay with us again next year. I welcome you to contact me on your next visit and I will ensure you stay experience is smooth and flawless.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here one night in a studio on a weeknight. Compared to other 5 star hotels in Sydney in its price range, the studio room didn't really match up to other studios/standard rooms I've stayed at. I am sure however the larger rooms/suites would be much better! In saying that, the bathroom was very nice, the room was cosy and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The gym was perhaps the best I have seen in a hotel offering a great range and quality of equipment, while the pool was beautiful. Service was very professional - flawless.

Fraser Suites also has an absolutely fantastic location. Pretty much right next to a complex of Asian restaurants, not too far from Darling Harbour and Town Hall Station. It was great to have a night out and have the room right there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ben M
Dear Ben M,

Thank you for your review. It’s especially meaningful to get a review from a Top Contributor and that you found so many aspects of your stay enjoyable and to your liking. We are pleased to see that our team not only met your expectations but exceeded them too.

We believe our location is quite special as it allows our guests to explore the many precincts of this exuberant city. We are fortunate to have behind us Regent Place with a string of restaurants which are tad classy,and a tad fancy, with a great atmosphere and food.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other readers planning to stay Fraser Suites Sydney.