“Luxury In The Heart of Sydney” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraser Suites Sydney

Ranked #29 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Luxury In The Heart of Sydney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is as upmarket as one would expect from a hotel in central Sydney. The foyer is very smart and expensively decorated and that sets the scene for the entire hotel. The room was immaculately clean, very modern fixtures and fittings, with great bedlinen. The bathroom was equipped with a huge shower, all marble, plenty of guest toiletries. The windows opened out onto a great view albeit roof tops but it was gloriously sunny, and looked lovely. The room brochure included selected menus from various restaurants with a home delivery service, and it was delivered right to the room. The bed was really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. There was a full concierge service, who obtained a taxi for us. I would not hesitate to stay there again, and to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BenjaminNesbitt, Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for posting a review!

We are always pleased when we receive such a positive review from a 'Top Contributor' on Trip Advisor with over 90 Reviews!

Thanks again for posting, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Sydney again sometime soon,

Fraser Suites Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a few nights here on a business trip and would definitely stay here again. The room is spacious, well equipped and in good condition. We were both pleasantly surprised at the size and comfort of the bed - not something you always get in a hotel!

The location is excellent. it's within walking distance of Darling Harbour, UTS and only a couple of blocks into town.

The only negative comment and it wasn't an issue to us was the housekeeping - the toiletries and mini bar weren't always restocked. However because we weren't bothered about it we didn't chase this up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for posting a review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Sydney in our 'spacious, well equipped' Suites.

We look forward to spoiling you again on your next visit,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were great at the hotel. Modern and dark type of furniture.
The Lobby had a nice smell of fragnance.
The staff were friendly.
The location is a walking distance from darling harbor.
There is also an underground parking available but at an extra charge.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for posting a review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Fraser Suites Sydney, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Australia,

See you then,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The right type of toiletries are not replenished everyday. The cleaning staff keep providing shampoos when what I required was body wash. Despite asking for body wash from housekeeping, this problem persisted throughout the time I was there. Housekeeping did not clean the kitchen floors or vacuum the room properly

Room Tip: The right type of toiletries are not replenished everyday. The cleaning staff keep providing shampoo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Thanks for posting a review!

I have shared your review with our Housekeeping Manager and the Housekeeping Team at our Daily Morning Briefing and the team share my disappointment in your review.

I do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back once more to Fraser Suites Sydney,

Kind Regards,

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Missed Opportunity

This hotel is an example of an inner-city hotel missing the mark by not following through the whole experience after an initial flashy lobby, but as one reviewer has stated – “and that’s about all that stands out – except for the price”.

I’m not saying the rooms are bad (check my photos) – in fact the actual set-up and size of our room for Sydney was fantastic – stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment.

However, it feels like the management (Singapore) have spent the budget on the building (good), set-up of rooms (great) but then haven’t followed through with paying for enough staff and high quality services to match the building.

Note – I think the staff did their best and were lovely, I think they however were constrained by what procedures have been put in place for them by Frasers Singapore Management – just my gut feeling.

Positive(s):

- Location (but you pay for it)
- I used the 24 gym and it was fine
- Nice looking slick lobby
- Useful to have washing machine, dryer, kitchen in the room
- Modern design feel to the room I liked
- Size/layout of 1 bedroom room was good

Concerns:

- Arrived about 1545 (check-in was 1400) but told room wasn’t ready (was done in 15 mins no big problem but for the $ your paying Frasers should hire more cleaners – we were also paying for late check-out)
- On check-in a guest next to us was getting irate and had some room problems, I usually laugh at others getting uptight and think what a nitpicker; but more into the stay I see why people get frustrated.
- Car parking is extremely narrow (building design flaw)
- TV wasn’t working in room – Wife called, someone came and flicked a button no problem – But: in the time waiting I went for a 20+min walk to get takeaway wine and that’s how long it took for staff.
- Bar fridge wasn’t well stocked with snacks. I realize hotels overcharge but I was prepared to pay here if there were good products – only option a tiny snack size Pringles and small pack of nuts – in a nice place I will pay for gourmet snacks/better section of drinks – The $11 wine I got from the corner pub was much better than the room offerings (and we bought both mini-bar red and whites!).
- DVD in room: There is a list of (dated: ie The Wiggles Movie, Charlie’s Angels) of $5 hire DVDs. No problem – my wife calls down because wants to relax on the nice couch with Wine and a DVD. But of the 25+ list seriously only 4 were available! Not having a simple list of entertainment to match the flashy building e.t.c just irks you again with the $ your paying.
- Unfortunately, the gentlemen who delivered the DVD overpoweringly smelt like he had just eaten cheezy garlic pizza. I’ve worked in service before and I know its hard hours, staff need food - but its just annoying little smells, things like this at the level this property markets itself.

Missed opportunity:

- So you have a nice one bedroom apart in SYD and want to order room service. Its just disappointing that you can only order between 600pm-1100pm. Note, I realize there is not a lobby bar or restaurant on the premises: hence the limited hours they probably have a chef in – However – attached to the building (you can re-enter Fraser suites from a side door) there is a PLETHORA of Japanese, Thai, other great Asian food in a new lane development called Regent Place – I could even smell food from level 10 walking to the gym – Why not have an arrangement where guests can order from any of these boutique eateries and have it delivered to the rooms for a fee – there is a door back to Frasers next to one of the Japanese sake restaurants right above Senyai – give the guests options!

Frasers Sydney is not bad it just misses the mark for following through on this particular price level of service/extras expectation, I agree with a previous reviewer below -

“Nevertheless it is a great location with Darling Harbour only a couple of blocks away – although I can’t give the hotel credit for this”

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank slkt8k_
Thanks for posting a review!

And what a detailed review with some great points for us to take on board, as well as some areas of opportunity for our team to discuss and explore- Thank you.

Thankfully, despite being a Singaporean owned and managed company, we have experienced Australian Hoteliers empowered to make informed decisions and run the hotel as it is required in Australia.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and should you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on (02) 8823 8866 or via benjamin.nesbitt@frasershospitality.com and I will personally oversee your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I like staying at this hotel, it is close to Chinatown, cinemas, restaurants and the CBD. The gym, pool and spa are great facilities to enjoy, generally when I go to Sydney it is to relax and unwind and I find I can do that at this hotel. I also find staff are pleasant and are helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for posting a review!

I am so pleased the team looked after you during your visit to Fraser Suites Sydney and you were able to unwind and relax.

See you on your next visit,

Canberra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Room was large but not worth the price. I emailed a couple of days before to request details of parking but never received a response . The bath robes in the room were both very small sizes.There was no information in the room on what facilities were available.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for posting a review!

I was disappointed to read your review and will need to follow up a couple of things to ensure that we avoid these minor issues reoccurring.

As I would like to ascertain why we did not respond to your email, are you able to please forward me the original correspondence and I will follow up with my team- benjamin.nesbitt@frasershospitality.com. We offer both self parking and valet parking options on site at the hotel at a cost of $35 per vehicle per night.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime soon to Fraser Suites Sydney,

Kind Regards,