“Excellent”

Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very comfortable and spacious room in the premier one bedroom suite on the 34th floor with great views. Good amenities, good gym and pool, good easy basement car parking, high quality finishing s and good service from the staff. Only criticism is the couch in our lounge was uncomfortable, although the bed was good, not as good as the beds at the Sheraton on the Park

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank t2cs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on way back from India. So looking forward to a comfortable bed which we had not had for 16 nights- have to say the beds were very comfortable. We stayed in the 2 bedroomed apartments on 17 th floor.
Arrived late in the evening and crashed into bed as exhausted from our travels.
In morning noticed all surfaces were very dusty indeed. Flooring by the window where we had a camp bed for our young son was thick with dust - looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks- great big clumps of dust balls stared back at us for the duration of our stay- not good. However, everywhere else appeared to be clean- bathrooms etc and kitchen were spotless.
We enjoyed the space the unit had to offer as we have 2 teenage sons and a younger son- so for the 5 of us it was great. Pool was utilized by family and my eldest son used the gymnasium too.The staff at reception were always friendly and welcoming.
I have read previous comments- seems housekeeping issues are letting this place down!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We recently stayed two nights at the Fraser Suites. I booked a Deluxe One Bedroom but was upgraded to the Premier one bedroom. This was unexpected and appreciated.
On the day of departure I picked up my bags several hours after checking out. When I came to collect them one of the reception staff offered me a free shower up on the gym floor. I was really happy to accept after several hours wandering around in Sydney heat with the prospect of several hours flying ahead. Very impressed, thank you.
My only quibble is that old chestnut - no free Wifi. It's a pain.
Reception staff recommended Home - a Thai restaurant the next street over. Great recommendation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed at Fraser Suites many times for work purposes and based on this we decided to stay at Fraser Suites in Sydney for New Years Eve (3 nights). We have never been disappointed, but I was nto only disappointed with Fraser Suites but I have never been more disappointed with a hotel in my life. We paid just $760 (this does not incldue the credit card fee. The room rate was $700 plus $60 per night for a roll away. Now I understand it is new years period, but when you are paying that kind of money, you expect a nice and clean room, with no kitches. Well I can tell you I would have been better of staying at a backpackers. I was SHOCKED. Firstly, on check in, the staff need to learn more manners. We then go up to our room and my goodness it was so obviously dirty. The kitchen sink was brown, which means it hasn't been cleaned. The table top was dusty and full of smears and sticky marks left behind from cups, that had not been wiped properly. In fact, the whole place was dusty. The coffee table had coffee or drink marks, dripping down the side, that had obviously not been wiped. But what stood out the most was the bathroom. The shower drain was brown and the shower walls had obviously not been wiped and the toilet had obviously not being cleaned, as there were staines from faeces in the toilet. My brother and husband were also shocked. We did not have a shower once at the hotel, we went to a friends hotel every day, that was up the road to have a shower. To add to this my husband and I were bitten by bed bugs and my brother developed conjuctivitis, very obviously from dirty linen. When I booked, I asked, why it was so expensive and they said, because they have to pay staff, including housekeeping staff more, because of the new year period. However, on New years day our room did not even get cleaned at all. So in the whole time of our stay, our room got cleaned only once. So we were stuck with the same towels and dirty linen to use on the 1st Januiary and 2nd January, as we were check out on this day. My goodness, the breakfast bar was a sight for sore eyes. I have never eaten from such a limited and terrible breakfast buffet in all my times of travel. We had obviously paid for it, so we went evey morning, however, my brother refused to eat there. The pastries were stale, the hot breakfast and pancakes were obviously prepared very early on and left there all morning and only topped up when needed. They would ask me if I wanted coffee every morning and I said yes, only to receive what tasted like instant nescafe coffee. When we went to check out, they went to charge us for extra items from the mini bar we clearly did not have, but the icing on the cake was when they told me the coffee, which I do not lie, was instant coffee, was not free and would be charged extra, even though I had already pre-paid the breakfast. When I heard this I hit the room. At no point in time was I informed of this. Also, if I had know this was extra, I would not have asked for it. That is ridiculous, in which hotel breakfast that you pay for, is coffee extra. I have never heard of this in all my times of travel. If I had known this I would have just made a coffee in our room, which was free. Luckily, after I kicked up a fuss, we did not pay for it. Oh and the housekeeping staff are so rude. We were in the lift with them one morning, we said hello and one of them turn to the other and giggled and did not respond. Unbelievable. We received a link which was sent to my email for feedback. I sat and completed it, providing all my feedback and I did not receive anything back apologising for the disomfort we experienced during our stay. We made sure to stay in our room as little as possible during our stay, mainly because of the bed bug issue and conjuctivities. I own a large business and we have stayed with Fraser Suites many times, but after this most recent experience in Syndey, never again. I will also caution all my business associates, family and friends not to stay here. I have stayed in many places all over the world, from backpackers to luxurious hotels and never have I had such a terrible experience. I hate giving bad reviews for business, as I myself own a business, however, this review is deserved to caution people from staying in Fraser Suites Sydney. Fraser Suites Sydney really neeed to invest in new cleaners or train them correctly. Also, they need to update their furniture. Our furniture had scratches on it, the couch was coming apart and the list goes on and on and on.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. You can stay at a better hotel for a cheaper price, or just pay that little bit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Anezoula
Matthew R, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Anezoula,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. though it is with regret that we read of your expeience.

Please accept our sincerest apologies that we failed to deliver the service expected of us during your stay, this has been shared with our team/s today.

We do regularly receive positive feedback with regards to cleanliness of our guest rooms and breakfast buffet, so your comments and experience are the exception as opposed to the rule.

We notice that we don’t have any record of the issues you have raised here in our hotel logs to further understand your concerns and we would very much appreciate the opportunity to have further discussion with you on the issues you have raised at your earliest convenience.

With Kind Regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The suites are in great location and has some lovely restaurants just near to it (Chefs gallery being one)
I felt disappointed with the cleanliness as we were there for 6 nights with work and only the towels were changed and beds made, there were crumbs all on the floor and down the sofa and dust all on the lamp bases etc even when we arrived, not what you expect from a 5 star hotel.
Also I put a request in for a low room as I am very scared of heights and this was ignored and we was given the second to top floor, when I requested to change rooms the lady made me feel like I was being awkward and said there where no rooms, but after speaking to the manager, they managed to find me a room much lower down which was great.
Other than that the rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable, but I have stayed in better hotels in Sydney.

Room Tip: Pay in Dollars
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear wozzatusis,

Thankyou for your feedback. Though nice to hear you enjoyed the location of the property your comments on our housekeeping during your stay are concerning and have been conveyed to the team.

I note your comments on our room allocations also - although pleased we were able to assist when raised.

We would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you on any future visit to Sydney and demonstrate an emproved and enhanced experience.

Kind Regards
wollongong
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stay with my sister in these apartments when she comes to visit Sydney. The rooms are always spacious and the beds comfortable. Self parking is very easy and the carparks are a nice size that are easy to get into. Close to supermarkets Coles and Woolworths which is handy. The rooms are quite and it is no problem sleeping. Reception and concierge are always very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Fraser suites was a great place to stay at in Sydney & we were fortunate enough to stay while they had the end of the year sale. It was a good value for money. As we got to stay in the one bedroom deluxe suite which includes a queen size bed, kitchen, 2 tv, couch, bathroom, toilet, washing machine & dryer.

The location we found was so convenient as everything like shops, public transports & restaurants were within a walking distance.

The staff were very friendly & customer service was great.

We will definitely come back & highly recommend all our friends to stay at fraser suite.

Thank you fraser suite for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed January 2013