“No Toilet Paper at the Inn”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #28 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Canberra
“No Toilet Paper at the Inn”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fraser Suites Sydney is a very up market all suite hotel in the heart of Sydney. The facilities such as the gym and pool are excelent but the housekeeping and front office staff did not match my expectations. The imitation leather chairs in the room were well worn with the inner stuffing showing. The crockery incomplete and there were empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom from the previous tenant.

As I was completing my ablutions, I ran out of toilet paper. There was no spare roll anywhere in the room and the tissue box was empty. I called housekeeping and they took their time delivering the roll. It was quite unplesent waiting at such a critical time in the morning.

As I had to extend my visit I requested to extend my booking and tried to arrange to keep the same room to save me packing up and unpacking. The front office staff could not give me a firm answer so I ended up packing my belongings. A minor irritation but as the toilet incident one that could have been avoided.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matthew R, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sydney, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Francis T,

Thankyou for posting your feedback, our sincere apologies for the oversight on bathroom amenities.

We continue to work on the upkeep of our product throughout the year and take you comments on board for areas of improvement there also as well as with our communication via our front office team.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the future and offering an improved experience for you.

With kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We left our room at 10 am to explore Sydney - we arrived back at our room at 5pm to find our room had not been made up. After complaining to staff, it was clear they could care less. Our room also had large stains on the carpet which appeared to be wine (we hope). Fraser could probably knock a star or two off their rating. For the rates you pay here, we'd recommend you look elsewhere

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Matt6632
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good location in the city and the rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. Certainly one of the best service apartments I've stayed in Sydney and the staff are helpful and friendly. Excellent for long-term stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Amazing bed. I intend to buy one for home. Great views in front rooms but only ok out back. Top floor apartments are spacious and include full kitchen and everything you need. Great location close to Chinatown, Darling Harbour, Qvb and easy to catch taxi from right outside for those with limited mobility. Stayed 1 week before at medina and cancelled next booking due to rudeness of reception staff. Staff at Fraser Suites go the extra mile and are efficient with fast check in and out. Dried and folded my sisters clothes when the dryer had a fault. Porter came to collect our bags on check out knowing we had two in our party with limited mobility and lots of luggage. Excellent knowledge of area. So superior compared to the Medina we stayed at a few days before. A++ for Fraser Suites

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is an excellent hotel in Sydney. Lovely rooms with great views and close to key areas of Sydney including Chinatown, Darling Harbour. The food was good quality and the decor was stylishly modern. The gym and pool were also of a high standard though the sauna was not working. I have stayed at most of the big hotels in Sydney and it's good to know about this option. I will definitely stay there again and recommend it.

Room Tip: choose a room high up overlooking Darling Habour
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is by far the best hotel i and my partner have stayed in, the pool [6am-10pm] and 24 hr gym are great! We stayed in the deluxe one bedroom, Level 15.
The kitchen contained a stylish fridge, kettle, pots\pans,plates\bowels, knives, cups, sink and electric stove, just what we needed! The Staff are great! Friendly and helpful. The bedroom and bathroom were sleek and comfortable, it was much better then the Medina Grand and just about beats The YORK. Its location is perfect, close to china town and town hall. The Ari-con was great as it was scorching hot that day\night! Overall, it IS the best hotel in sydney, very much worth the money. We are going back there this week. 100% Recommend !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I'm not the first to say it and won't be the last; the suites are in a great location. Close to everything. Darling Harbour, Paddy's Market, Shopping Precinct... everything. The rooms are generous in size and upper floor suites command amazing views. We stayed in a studio suite and I cannot remember staying in a hotel room of comparable size. Hotel staff were helpful. I have no problem recommending the Fraser Suites but the hotel didn't wow me enough to stop me from looking around for a better deal on my next stay in Sydney.

• Stayed November 2012