“Great view from high floor rooms”

Fraser Suites Sydney
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nites for the beginning of our honeymoon. This place is so nice. The view from our suite was AMAZING !!! and we had windows that open for fresh air ;) everything you need is in the room (washing machine, dryer, stove top, dishwasher, seperate office, comfy bed, good shower, friendly staff). Would stay here again.

Room Tip: get up high, and ask for opening windows
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Sydney can be expensive to stay in but we booked via Hotels.com and got a great price here for a three night stay. Large suite of bedroom, study and living space with good kitchenette and laundry facilities. On the 40th floor with great views. Walking distance of Darling Harbour with good restaurants and ferry to Central Quay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with views of harbour, Room 4008 was great
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in Nov 2011 - had another couple booked in with us .... got a gr8 deal thru the hotel itself! 2 connected rooms each with seperate entry but also interconnected... large lounge / dining room and a good size kitchen with all mod cons,which we used for our 'Happy Hour", snax etc. b4 heading out.. We also took food 4 breakfast , easy. Units are very modern, super clean and very quiet (I'm a very light sleeper so, this was really important) We used the gym which has good quality equipment (some free weights missing)indoor pool is gr8 for laps. We had 1 car parking space free but we had to pay for the other.
We were on the 40th floor trific 4 viewing the fireworx @ Darling Hrbr (on every weekend till Xmas - wot a bonus!)
This was the 3rd time we've stayed at Fraser Suites, Sydney... gr8 value for $. Terrific location.. close 2 Darling Hrbr, Chinatown, city shopping etc. We would definately recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view of Darling Hrbr, which for Nov/Dec fab for viewing the firew...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed in a very spacious one bedroom premier suite. The room was clean, had masses of wardrobe space (important for two girls!) and was well-cleaned each day.

Biggest gripe was internet access. No wireless. Come on guys, this is 2011!!! It is essential. If you want to connect using the cable it will cost $30 per day and it was slower than dial up. Well, that was before the hotel lost all internet access for several hours. Not satisfactory.

Overall score reflects internet issue. With fast wireless connection would score this much higher.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I booked this hotel because I needed a hotel to stay at for my friend's Hens Night. Upon arrival in my hotel room I noticed that we were allocated a room right next to the lifts. I was not too happy about this, because I requested a quiet room away from the lifts. But because they were full capacity, they could not move us to another room.

The hotel rooms are pretty clean. The rooms are roomy.

When we arrived in the room we noticed a bottle of wine and a letter. The letter or wine was not for us, it was for someone else. We notified reception and they promptly took the items away, but let us keep the wine. This was a nice gesture.

The rooms were quite hot when we arrived. We turned on the air conditioning and it was still hot. It appeared that the air conditioning was not working properly. We saw a cleaner come past our room, so we asked his help with the air conditioning and he said it is definitely not working. So we decided to call reception for assistance. They said they would send someone up to have a look. Three calls later and approximately 45 minutes later the manager Ben came to have a look. We told him that the cleaner agreed that the air conditioning was not working. Ben then rudely said "No offence the cleaners do not really know much about air conditioning". We were shocked that he spoke so disrespectfully about his staff members! The manager Ben also treated us rudely too, he treated us like we were clueless. I may not be an air conditioning specialist, but I have stayed in enough hotels to know when the air conditioning is not working. Eventually the air conditioning got fixed. The air conditioning did stop working that night. A maintenance worker came to fix the air conditioning before we checked out.

The beds in the hotel room were quite soft. The bathrooms were quite roomy and clean. The hair dryer is really bad!

The hotel itself is located in a good position. Convenient for travellers who want to stay in the middle of everything and in close vicinity to major attractions.

I would advise travellers to be aware of the heating issues with the rooms. Nothing more worse than an over heated room. I personally would suggest staying at neighbouring Apartments.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2011

One bad experience after another.

- couldn't find booking when we checked in - took an hour to check this - never let us know - we had to chase them- seems to be common theme

- rooms tired, worn, dirty, small, noisy

- slowest lifts I've ever experienced in my life

- three interruptions at our door within the first hour of our arriving

- locked out of our room 'due to fire alarm resetting locks'

- room keys needed to be reissued repeatedly (they weren't carried next to my phone as staff suggested)

Room Tip: My suggestion for choosing a good room is go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m239a
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed here over night recently for business purposes as an alternative to the hotel I normally stay at. It was recommended to my by a colleague so i was expecting quite a bit more than I got.

Firstly, I was under the impression that I would be a booking an apartment style accomodation given my booking stated a 1 bedroom studio but was disappointed to find a room that was about half the size of most hotel rooms.

Secondly, the bed was one of the most uncomfortable i have ever encountered (way too soft - no back support) and the pillows were ridiculously high and hard. The curtains although thick and heavy were not surrounded by pelmets so light streamed in the sides and tops. The noise level from the street was incredible, in particular considering I was on the 31st floor. All of this made for a very poor night's sleep.

Thirdly, the bathroom, although clean and modern had very poor lighting. It was as if everything was on dimmer. Not conducive to shaving etc in the mirror.

Lastly, although the hotel offers in room breakfast, disappointingly it is only limited to non cooked food.

On the positive, the hotel is clean, modern and in a nice location. Breakfast in the restaurant was quaint although having arrived at 7:45am with only 3 other people in the restaurant I was surprised to see half of the cooked food empty. Likewise nobody explained to me that i could have things cooked to order as i then saw other people receiving.

In am led to believe that the larger rooms and apartments are more comfortable and would be willing to give them another go but all in all, a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business