“Pirates Attack Sydney Harbour”

Attack of the Pirates on Sydney Harbour
Ranked #32 of 92 Fun & Games in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It began with a Christmas gift. We opened a letter and it was a family ticket to see attack of the pirates. Honestly, I have to say we had a lovely time. The weather was fantastic (sailing time of 4:30pm) and the harbour was really calm (even though I hate boats).

If you are going expecting a full musical theatre play, go to Capitol theatre and see the Lion King...Attack of the Pirates is closer to a children's party entertainment but on a tall ship. The swords were made of plastic, half the crew look uninterested and the canon only fired once (they ran out of fireworks and I could see the actor looking for it and struggling)...

Don't get me wrong, the acting was well done and their was plenty of entertainment to be had. The actors constantly engaged the audience which made for an entertaining ride as you look out into the harbour and enjoy the view of Sydney's Harbour Bridge and the Opera House all the while waving to other ships that sail by.

I would also like to mention that if you have small children and they are squeamish like mine, then you should prepare them before you go. The pirates get up close and in your face (which was fun for me) but for our little boy, he got a little bit scared at the start. You can see a video of this here:

In my opinion, this is definitely a show for kids...but be warned, these pirates are not like Captain Feather Sword from the Wiggles!

Overall, a nice day out. Watch the video and see for yourself.

3  Thank TheTings