“Well Worth It”
Review of Medusa

Medusa
Ranked #90 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at a boutique hotel for a very affordable price. The room was perfect and clean. Very big in size with excellent service. Overall it was a very good experience staying at there. Everything that you need is at your feet and it is in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank blackmorej23
There are newer reviews for Medusa

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at the Medusa this weekend. The front office manager was very helpful - we had noticed the review about difficult car parking on the website, but I was quickly informed about the $35 valet parking at the Star carwash less than 100 metres down the road - it pays to ask obviously! We asked for a recommendation for a restaurant and had a wonderful meal at Fish Face (about 100 metres in the other direction from the car park). The room was fun - I loved the chaise longue and as well as being modern and colourful it was fabulously comfy for the short while we watched the TV. We enjoyed exploring the close neighbourhood which is filled with small cafes and bars and eclectic 2nd hand goods stores - every type of cuisine seems to be represented.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YnotJulie
Reviewed June 2, 2013

A great place to stay as an alternative to corporate city hotels. You can't beat the location. The hotel is getting a bit tired but the service was really good. Favourite restaurant was Fishface. Birra Birra was also great food. A Fun Cocktail Bar Was The Victoria Room and The Lotus Pod Is A Fabulous clothing Shop. All within A block Of the Hotel. Would've gone To Bills For Brunch Too If We Were There Longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Medusa is a lovely little haven of a hotel in a lively, central part of Sydney surrounded by great shops and restaurants (I loved Onde, Almond Bar and the coffee at Holm Cafe is the best I've had). The staff at the Medusa are wonderful, warm and very helpful. The rooms are very clean, and the Aesop toiletry products are a treat. My only criticism is that the rooms could benefit from some minor refurbishment. The bathroom in my room was looking a bit tired, and the room decor is a bit dated now. If the owner removed the dark carpeting and just kept clean, wood floors and renovated the bathrooms, the hotel would be absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice boutique hotel with pleasant efficient front desk staff. Great location, quiet room. The room we stayed in was huge and well appointed. I'll definitely choose to stay here again on my next trip to Sydney.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very hip boutique hotel. Perfect quiet location with a nice neighborhood and easy walking distance to everything. Lots of tasty restaurants, coffee houses, and fun bars, etc nearby. The pictures are a bit more polished than reality, but none the less, this is a very worthwhile place to stay and a really good value. Many thanks to the guys that run this place. Their wit and wisdom are certainly appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Medusa. It was my first trip to Australia. I had emailed the hotel prior to arrival to request an early check-in. As it happened, my flight was late and when I arrived at the hotel the clerk was waiting, wondering where I was and if anything had gone wrong. It was just the first of countless above-and-beyond pleasantries that were extended to me during my stay. To say the staff was friendly and helpful would be a huge understatement. They indulged my endless questions about the area and gave me fantastic suggestions for dining, shopping, and sight-seeing. But more important than that -- I was traveling alone, very far from home and they truly made me feel like I was among friends. As for my room, it was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, with an amazing bed, superb wi-fi, a large bathroom, and great view of the neighborhood. I loved everything about the Medusa. Newspapers and pastries every morning, a peaceful reflecting pool, all within the setting of a gloriously restored Australian mansion. And the location cannot be topped. Within easy walking distance to relaxing daytime activities and Sydney's most famous landmarks, as well as exciting nightlife. It was one of the most incredible trips of my life and I still think about the Medusa often. I hope to return someday.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo