Where do we start....we loved this place. Sheer luxury. I can only comment on our experience and we were very, very lucky.
Arrived at the Meriton Cameo from the aiport for a 5 night stay after spending 3 weeks travelling down the East Coast. We had stayed in Budget places and we booked in advance a 2 bedrm apartment for 4 adults based on reviews I read on here. We worked out before we left the UK it was around £16 each/night and that suited our budget.
I think the taxi trip cost us around $30 but I think we were charged extra as we had a bigger car for loads of luggage.
We were taken right to the main building which looked exactly like we expected. Modern building about 10 storeys high. Went into the recpetion area which was small but clean and modern and checked in. We wanted to pay our accommodation by cash, and Dad being Dad was not keen on us paying up front without seeing the room. We did however pay the $830 approx upfront, and we were given our key for the 10th floor. The key also activated the lift. We got in the lift, up to Floor 10 & the doors opened & we saw our room was to the right. At that point I noticed there were only 4 rooms on the floor but never really thought much of it. Mum went in the door first & immediately turned to me with her mouth wide open!! It was HUGE!! we went in & my Dad immediately bagan to panic that we had paid $830 & that was for the one night but no, the receipt definitely said 5 nights. The kitchen was so modern & fancy, big living & dining room area, big bedroom with en-suite, a bedroom with 2 beds, another bathroom and a utility room with washing machine & tumble dryer. We went out on the patio & you could have held a massive party on it!!! We were absolutely stunned. We found out a few days later that we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite. We have no idea why, but it was luxury. We used the pool facilities once which were in the building opposite & were lovely.
I have nothing negative to say about these apartments. Yes they are a bit away from the centre of Sydney but there are buses frequently from a bus stop just across the road. Surrey Hills is a short journey away & although we did not go out there to eat, there seemed to be plenty to chose from. Our favourite restaurant was down at Darling Harbour & was called Baia. Gorgeous!
Our stay might not have been as good if we hadn't got such a gorgeous suite, but I cannot comment on that. Would go back again if I was in Sydney & chance my luck again for an upgrade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a variety of suite styles and bedding options available, we will suit your every need to ensure you have a perfect suite every stay. Ranging from spacious studios to 3 bedrooms and spread across 15 floors, each of the 184 masterfully designed suites come equipped with premium quality services and products. Up to three times bigger than a traditional hotel room, many of our suites offer a modern split level floor plan, a full gourmet kitchen, flat screen TVs in addition to a range of Foxtel channels, an internal laundry and plush bedding. Energise your body in the 3 indoor heated swimming pools, large spa and sauna as well as a fully-equipped fitness centre, all of which are located at Crown Square fitness centre and aquatic facilities, only a short walk from the hotel. Our Waterloo location will be every sport lover’s dream as it is positioned only minutes from Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney Cricket Stadium, Royal Randwick Racecourse, Moore Park Golf Course and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meriton Suites Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street, Waterloo Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Cameo Apartments Sydney
- Meriton Cameo Apartments Hotel Sydney