“I would recommend staying with Meriton to anyone looking for something Pleasent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo

and 1 more site!
Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo
Ranked #20 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at the venue were friendly and accommodating as i needed help finding directions and was treated like a celebrity, the room was clean, crisp and noise free.. the most affirming part of my stay was making the booking. From the initial phone call I spoke with a staff member named warren and was pleasantly handled & treated professionally
I have had problems previously with other company's getting incorrect information leading into was a disaster but never with Meriton.. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jip-321
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Jip-321,

Thank you for posting such a glowing of your recent stay with us and welcome to the TripAdvisor community.

Our team is constantly working hard to ensure all our guests receive the VIP treatment and to hear that you were made to feel like “a celebrity” certainly shows our efforts are on the right track! Thank you also for your kind comments about Warren in reservations, as a group we do pride ourselves on our first class service across all departments and I am sure Warren is thrilled to see he has been singled out for particular mention.

Once again, welcome to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to rolling out the red carpet for your next visit to Sydney.

Kind regards,

Adam D
Senior Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nowra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment on a Sunday night for $198 a night thru their website. Great location, close to city and transport, several dining options nearby. Apartment was clean and modern, with all the conveniences of home and the Usual quality expected of a meriton property. Would recommend and would Definately stay again especially for the proximity to the airport and the city, great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz F
Dear bettyluvstravel,

To see a statement such as “Meriton = always great” fills me with such satisfaction, and from a well traveled senior contributor as well!

Meriton takes great pleasure in providing a home away from home experience in well positioned locations and to be able to read experiences such as yours certainly proves we are setting the standard in Serviced Apartment accommodation.

I would also like to thank you for your continued support of the TripAdvisor community. It is through independent reviews such as yours that enable travellers to make an informed decision about how they can make the most of their hard earned holidays. I look forward to reading more about your adventures and hope to welcome you and your family back to Meriton Waterloo in the near future.

Kind regards,

Adam D
Senior Manager On Duty
Townsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay, almost all serviced apartments close to city are pricey. However this had an additional bond charge of 200.00 per room attached. Considering I booked two rooms and the hotel couldnt even accommodate us closer to each other than ten or so rooms away, I can say I was dissatisfied. It took several days, up to 8, for the bond to be returned to me upon leaving. No where did I read during booking that the apartment would have stairs with bedrooms on split floors, which made it difficult for me my husband and two infants. Along with this the beds were not split up for my children and my husband and I had to sleep with each of them to make sure they stayed in bed. Facilities were nice however I found it quite rude that the only mention of rubbish removal and clean dishes was obscured in the usual hotel reading or a 100 dollar cleaning fee would be charged. A notice in the kitchen/laundry would seem more fitting to allow genuinely obedient guests to abide. Still I feel this is somewhat sneaky and unnecessary. A lovely clean room with home comforts but somewhere I would not stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Krissy J
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Krissy J,

Thank you for your review!

As you noted, our apartments are definitely well priced and in an excellent location with all the comforts of home. Thank you for your understanding in regarding the bond or credit card preauthorisation, as this is a common procedures for most service provider across the world. It will take at least 5 to 14 business working days to release by the bank. Alternatively guest has an option to pay cash bond on arrival and will get refund on departure date.

Guest requests are always a top priority, yet it is not always possible to grant all guest requests, therefore requests are never guaranteed. Requests are allocated the night before arrival and if the apartments requested are already occupied then unfortunately we cannot fulfill those requests.

I am sorry if you feel that information regarding the extra cleaning fee was ‘sneaky and unnecessary’, unfortunately we had some comments from the past that this information was not clearly advertised.

At Meriton Waterloo, we have combination of split level and single level apartments available for our guest preferences. This information can be found on our website in several sections. My apologies if you found they are not clearly stated.

Krissy J, thank you again for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate this as it provides us with the opportunity to improve our current services.

Regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed there for almost 4 weeks.
Not fully services everday, house keepers are not professional at all.
Sometimes, they don't even bother to come and do the house keeping!!
Found cockroaches twice in the bathroom, the cleaner came even ignored the dead cockroach body lying in the tub.
The air conditioners were not working at all and got reaction after told the reception several times.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MSADanksStWaterloo, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear ReinnT,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Meriton Waterloo and thank you for your review.

I am very disappointed to read your comments about the cleanliness and serviced you received during your stay. I would still like to discuss your concerns in more detail. If you could contact us via tripadvisor@meriton.net.au this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
KylieN
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here in a 1 bedroom, along with several colleagues for work in May 2013.
Pros:
- Close to airport (about 15 minutes drive)
- 1GB of internet is included in the room
- In walking distance of Coles(open until midnight), cafes and restaurants
- There were 2 TVs - one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Although I didn't get a chance to watch much TV, I dislike when hotels have the TV outside of the bedroom.
- Cute little balcony I would have liked to sip some tea on if I hadn't been working too much.
- There's a washer/dryer along with liquid detergent.
Cons:
- My room faced the freeway so it was noisy all day and all night long. My colleagues did not have freeway facing rooms and had no noise issue so if you're a light sleeper make sure to request this.
- My biggest problem was the water left my hair greasier and greasier each day. If you've ever stayed at a hostel you'll know what I mean. The water has a residue and there's nothing you can do. I was there almost a week and the first thing I did when I landed, I went straight home and washed my hair.
- The parking is very expensive. $25/day and street parking is hard to come by.
- The room is a pretty tight fit. It was fine for just me but if there had been an additional person it'd be too small.
- The heat didn't work in the bedroom and I believe there was a draft from the windows so often times I woke up with my teeth chattering.
- Slow elevator.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank oxjohnnysangelxo
Dear oxjohnnysangelxo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback and the time you have taken to review your stay is very much appreciated. As this valuable tool, allows us to act in a positive manner and to constantly improve the services we provide and pride ourselves on.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Meriton Waterloo.

Kind Regards,
KylieN
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

These apartments tick all the boxes. Clean, new, nicely appointed, hard but comfy bed, excellent location EXCEPT noise! I found it fine because its road noise and very constant so you get used to it! Don't let it stop you booking this hotel! Our bedroom was facing inwards so the noise is minimal - the lounge room was on the roadside and noisy. If you of two minds - do it! All the good points far out way the one negative! Catching buses and trains into the city is very easy!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your time and feedback. Meriton Serviced Apartments are stylish and pride themselves on keeping the apartments well maintained and a homely feeling. Meriton Waterloo looks forward to welcoming you back on your next stay

Kind Regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed 1 night in a 1 bedroom apartment which was very clean and well set out. It is walking distance to moore park sydney cricket ground and short taxi or bus ride into the city.Down side would be road noise and parking very difficult to pull up anywhere and go and check in and the over night parking is expensive.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ngcroker
Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Waterloo. Meriton Serviced Apartments provides a modern spacious interior with their apartments. Waterloo location is a great location catering for different travelers. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards