“excellent apartments”

Meriton Suites Waterloo
Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 7, 2012

great location. great appt - we stayed at a split level 1 br appt and would definately go back. front desk staff were great also. Was a bit moisy at weekend night but so were we. i recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: ask for a split level
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Nick M,

Thank you for your great review and recommendation! I am delighted that our staff made a great impression and that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding your comments on the noise, we do have security staff on duty monitoring the premises 24 hours and I encourage all of guests to contact them at any hour if they are being disturbed. I hope you did not experience any inconvenience during your stay.

Thank you again for your positive review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Dank Street, in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Meriton Suites Waterloo

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Have just booked into Meriton Waterloo for next week and am so impressed with their service already! Koo was incredibly helpful with a room change query before I'd booked, and then when I rang back as I didn't get an email confirmation from the online booking, he said he'd ring Reservations and get them to re-email....even after I offered to ring them myself. That's a sign of great staff and a good sign of a good stay to come. As a conference organiser I book hundreds of hotel rooms each year for my delegates and it's wonderful to know that I'll be staying at a property that offers such wonderful service! Well done Koo and Meriton Waterloo already. When in Sydney I usually stay right in the city centre but I think I've found my new Sydney property of choice now!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan H
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Susan H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences with us. I am delighted that you are so impressed with our customer service. We do work very hard to try and exceed our guests expectations at every opportunity and I am so pleased that Koo has made such a great impression for our property.

I have passed your great comments onto Koo and the rest of the team here at Meriton Serviced Apartments Dank Street, Waterloo and we all look forward to you arriving to stay with us next week.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My partner, myself and in-laws stayed for one night in a two bedroom apartment on a Thursday night in July as we were sttending a concert at Fox Studios! The apartment was amazing...perfect location and walking distance to Fox Studios! The apartment was spacious, well-kept and very clean. We were staying on the main road and it was noisy when you had the balcony door open, but it was fine when the door was closed!
I wouldn't fault this apartment...we will be staying again for sure!!!

1  Thank Nic B
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Nic B,

Thank you for your fabulous review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient for your needs. I will ensure that all of our staff read your great comments.

Thank you again for your review, we do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street, next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have stayed here twice now and both times have been very good. The location is perfect, close to city and airport and rail station. Staff have been friendly and helpful and the rooms are spacious, clean and very well maintained. Shops and services are in walking distance also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald S
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Gerald S,

Thank you for your fabulous review! It is always rewarding to receive such great feedback from a loyal guest such as yourself. I am delighted that our location is perfect for you and that you once again found our staff friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street when you return to Sydney.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Excellent location, close to the shops and the airport. The service was excellent from the front desk, very helpful.

We stayed in 2 different 2 bedroom apartments at 2 separate times with 2 adults and 3 children. Very spacious with everything you need and even a washing machine and dryer which comes in handy. The rooms are a little bit older but very clean.

Everything you need at an affordable price!!

We would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Sascha S,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. we're glad you and your family had excellent stays on both occasions. The Meriton Serviced Apartments are indeed excellent value for the quality of accommodation offered. All our apartments do offer all the comforts of home, plus a bit more, making them ideal for families travelling together.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay with us, and look forward to welcoming your family again soon at any of our 10 locations.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed on Level 4 in a one bedroom apartment on a mid-week night. The apartment was great, with everything you would want/need. Clean, self contained kitchen facilities, great sized separate living & bedroom areas, comfy bed, hot water & clean towels.
However, the road noise was excrutiating! It was just a mid-week night, but the amount of trucks/cars created a never ending headache throughout the night/morning.

As reception is on Level 2, Level 4 is essentially only 2 floors above the road, and the road noise comes straight through the glass doors. Only the bedroom glass door are double glazed, which does help somewhat, but the noise still carries up the stairs from the living area single glazed doors. My husband is a heavy sleeper, but we both had to roll toilet paper up and put in our ears so we could try to get some sleep...
Huge balcony, however you would not be able to sit out there and have a conversation due to the road noise. You would literally have to yell to he heard!
Another suggestion is that a sign is made to sit on the kitchen bench to advise of $100 fee if dishwasher not turned on at the end of the stay. This is only mentioned very briefly in the compendium, which most people wouldn't read. Luckily I saw it, so avoided being stung for possibly not washing 2x glasses, 2x plates & 2 x mugs.

Would recommend the apartments to stay at, as most accommodation in Sydney is very dated for the price they charge, however please ensure you ask for a room away from the road. Shame that the architect didn't flip the bathroom/bedroom locations to enable more sound proofing.

Room Tip: Ensure you book a room away from road
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Rhys A, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Sophie T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our apartments spacious and comfortable, however I am disappointed to read that you were disturbed by the road noise. Most of our guests find our double glazed windows do a great job of blocking out any potential noise. I do apologise if this impacted negatively on your experience.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street, so if you do choose to return next time you are in Sydney, please contact me directly on tripadvisor@meriton.net.au as I would like to arrange the most suitable apartment for your requirements.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Although when making the booking I advised what time we would be arriving and how many people we needed beds for, the room was not ready and we had to leave for several hours. We had been traveling for several hours and had a small baby with us. When we returned after 6pm the room was still not made up. When we did finally get our apartment it was great. Very modern, clean and very comfortable.
The aquatic centre was great for the kids even though it is a block away from the accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Rhys A, Manager at Meriton Suites Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

ameski,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to continue to refine our product.

I was sorry to ready your room was not available when you arrived. We do have a guarantee check in time of 2pm, however our friendly team do their best to accommodated requests where possible.

I know it can be difficult traveling with a baby, and I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have investigated your comments further and believe your check in was sightly delayed due to extra requests made during your registration.

I am pleased you found our apartments comfortable and enjoyed the newly refurbished Aquatic Centre.

Thank you again for your feedback, our team look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.