First the good points:
- The staff are friendly and helpful
- The other residents were also very friendly and sociable
- It has very nice communal areas including one that is out doors
- It looks clean and attractively decorated
- it is in a good location
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay there. But, we did get bitten by bed bugs - both my husband and I were covered in bites after we stayed in 'unlucky room 13' for just one night. As we had a very early start the next day we didn't mention them to the staff. We were also pretty disappointed with staff response to the same problem at another Aussie hotel and just didn't want to have to deal with a similar reaction again. It does seem to be more of an issue in Australia than the countries we have visited before or since and it certainly needs to be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpackers HQ is a friendly, clean and safe oasis in the heart of Kings Cross. We have just undergone a major renovation to modernise this beautiful building. Our friendly staff will make you feel welcome with FREE Breakfast daily, FREE Internet, FREE airport shuttle pick-up (conditions apply), FREE entry and FREE drinks in local bars and clubs. Our rooms are spacious, clean and secure with beautifully polished wooden floor boards or tiles. Many rooms have en-suites and fridges. All have security locker storage. Relax in our new TV lounge area or out the back in the timber decked courtyard. A great place to make new friends. Our friendly and helpful staff can help you find a job, buy a car, show you Sydney like us locals know it or tell you where to party every night! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HostelWorld so you can book your Backpackers HQ reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.