“Gledswood High Tea lovely surprise”
Review of Gledswood

Gledswood
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gledswood High Tea lovely surprise”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good friends invited us to join them for a high tea last weekend Gledswood Homestead and we received a lovely surprise especially when I'd read a couple of reviews on this site beforehand. The room was set up nicely for all seating groups. We were shown to our table and offered sparkling wine or juice and not long after that a three tier platter was brought out to the table, which was absolutely scrumptious, we all received a pot of tea or coffee of our choice. We had a most enjoyable afternoon chatting and would recommend it to our friends.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Winterlava

Sydney, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very good venue for a wedding”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff were very friendly and efficient. The grounds are superb and in a beautiful location. While the couple at our wedding did not have the wedding service here I can see it would be a beautiful location for the service itself. I have to admit though, in all honesty, that there were a couple of issues with the person in charge of the arrangements who was somewhat disorganised but everything turned out well on the day and everything went smoothly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank travellingtaff4
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Gledswood High Tea”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went to the Gledswood yesterday as a group of 4.
Got Scoopon Deals for the High Tea for $18,75pp. It was worth it, not a penny more.
Was served a platter of food with no cutlery for the jam and cream to spread on the scones. When we asked for cutlery, the young girl brought over a butter knife, as she handed us the knife, an older lady came over and scoulded us for using a knife on the "Chefs" scones, as we should be using a spoon. Felt like a child getting into trouble, she quickly ran and replaced the knife's with tea spoons. The older lady constantly referred as the food being cooked by a "CHEF", this was the biggest downfall. All the food was frozen food that had been heated up in the oven, or made from a packet mix. The quiches and pastries were not made fresh from scratch, they gave us a mini chicken kebab which I have never encountered at High Tea ever before, the mini cup cakes were horrible, definitely packet job. And there were no gourmet sandwiches at all. The champagne and variety of tea looked impressive. As coffee all we got was perculated coffee, not cappuccino's etc as they didn't have a qualified barista on the premises or a proper coffee machine. Not sure how they hold professional weddings there if they can't make a cappuccino. Towards the end of the High Tea, my friend asked for a napkin and the older lady gave her a firm "NO", we were shocked, we were only allowed ONE PAPER NAPKIN per person !!!! Even though her napkin was dirty, tough luck. As a group we constantly go into the City such as QVB, The Langham Hotel for High Tea. I didn't expect the Gledswood to be of such a high standard, but I did expect it to be a little better than what it was.
Will we return? No
Will we recommend it to others? No
My friend was going to look into having her engagement party there, but my review won't be good.......you just never know who you are serving.......
Oh and the crocery was like something from an Op Shop, quite ugly and old. Not new and classy. If you can't afford good crochery, buy decent white crockery, it looks better.

Visited September 2013
9 Thank KJJJB
Leumeah, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ghost tour”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

What a great experience. I loved gledswood. I was scared when I got there about doing a ghost tour but the two lovely mediums/tour guides calmed me down so well.

The only negative comment I have is that the other girls on our ghost tour were really loud and it made it hard to hear any ghostly noises! But that can't be blamed on gledswood.

I definetley had some experiences going through the old homestead. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Amazing guides amazing history amazing experience.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jesticles M
Kempsey, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“an appalling lack of regard for history”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

From the car park this farm looks lovely and rustic but closer inspection shows that the heritage buildings have been seriously neglected. No wonder there are ghosts: the former owners would be turning in their grave! The interior and exterior of the old homestead needs renovation or maintenance. Surely as a building built in the early 1800s this place should qualify for heritage listing and therefore the requisite care? The current owners seem to be more interested in weddings and conferences to the detriment of preserving the unique history.
On the day we visited the indoor cafe was full of screaming kids so did not invite a stop for a quick coffee or snack as we had planned. Very disappointing on all counts.

Visited July 2013