“A great place to browse”

Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
Book In Advance
Ranked #15 of 472 things to do in Sydney
Sydney
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A great place to browse”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We recently spent a night in the city and browsed the QVB as part of our stay. The whole place is an experience! but the shops on the third floor, including the Met Shop, Mont Blanc, and of course HobbyCo are just great to browse and be tempted and when you get tired there are coffee shops and eateries on every floor.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Perth
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Beautiful arcade and good for window shopping”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

See the clock chime on the hour and watch the events unfold on the rotating lower part of the clock. You can look at the dog fountain outside and listen to it talk ( curious that it was given the voice of John Laws).

Perth, Australia
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Beautiful Building”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

love love love this place. walked it with my partner, loved walking into all the little shops. lots of top designers and fashion forward shops. Must visit for shopaholics and history buffs

Visited November 2013
Mission, Canada
260 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Lovely historical building”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

It is well worth a walk through this building to appreciate the architecture and the two large clocks. Unfortunately, the feature clock no longer does its "show" as of 2 years ago, which was a disappointment as I had seen it 10 years ago and was impressed. There are lots of lovely shops to browse through and I noted that prices in many were within reason. Worth a walk through. Check out Victoria's Basement for incredible deals on beautiful china and kitchen wares.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently had five days in which to see as much of Sydney as it was possible to pack in. During a quick visit on Wednesday I picked up a leaflet advertising a guided tour of the QVB on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 11.30am. The time had been hand-written in to amend the time originally printed of 1pm. At $15 for a 45 minute tour I thought this was on the high side but, as this is something I usually very much enjoy, I returned to the city the next day and timed it to present myself at Concierge fifteen minutes before the appointed time.

Imagine my disappointment to be told these no longer run at 11.30 and I should return at 1.30 to take the tour? My schedule for the day did not allow for this, nor for my last three days which were already mapped out.

There was no apology offered: in fact the whole issue was dealt with very nonchalantly. How long would it take to go through the leaflets on display an check the time was correct, especially as the time had been amended once already. How many other similar leaflets are already in people's hands?

I have to say the QVB has remained remarkably unchanged since my first visit over twenty yeas ago. I commend their building maintenance programme, it is an effective one. Pity the same cannot be said for the upkeep of the Ladies restroom: half an hour later there was no soap at the wash station I used; this is obviously not checked regularly.

i have rated this from a customer satisfaction viewpoint only. I did not shop or eat there.