“I love and I hate this place”
Review of Cafe Morso

Cafe Morso
Ranked #496 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I keep on going back and I keep on getting disappointed. We used to be regulars at Morso but mainly stopped because of the inconsistent preparation of the food and average service from the staff.

Today we stopped in for coffee and toast. While the staff were ok. The toast was wafer thin and didn't resemble toast rather some type of biscuit. Seriously - how can you get toast wrong.

The pancakes are generally the best thing on the menu. However it depends on who's cooking them as to whether you get the petite or grande or burnt or raw batter in yhe middle version.

It's such a shame when these places in great locations let themselves down with the basics... good consistent food and service.

Cafe Morso is hit and miss.

1  Thank Ryrie99
There are newer reviews for Cafe Morso

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My brother and his wife had a private wedding dinner at Cafe Morso. The food ranged from very good to excellent (especially the pork cheeks), the staff were attentive and friendly, and the manager / owner went above and beyond -- always with a smile -- to acccomodate our requests.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great food, really good service and very friendly staff. We had 14 for breakfast and it was perfect. So much I wanted to try on the menu, we will go back time and time again. Must try!!

1  Thank Fraser G
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We were on a nice mellow bike ride by the harbour and as we rode past this place we thought it looked decent. Nice view and lots of sun.

We arrived just at the end of lunch and when asked if the kitchen was still cooking the waitress stomped off to ask. She came back and told us we could have lunch but we had to order immediately. We went to sit down to have a quick look at the menu, however we were informed we had about 30 seconds to make up our minds or we wouldn't be able to eat there.

Quick decisions made, we finally made it to a table to bask in some sun.

The food itself was ok, nothing special and it seemed like they had just thrown my sandwich together in a mad scramble as it just collapsed as soon as I touched it. The steak was only luke warm and quite tough. My mother did enjoy her salad.

The service wasn't great and the food wasn't great. On the other hand the sun was brilliant although I think that was out of Cafe Morso's hands.

I wouldn't recommend this place as there are some amazing cares scattered around the harbour!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friendliest welcome I've had in awhile... then it just went downhill!!

1. Spent the first 10mins with a fire alarm blaring in our ears. This was probably beyond their control, but they tried to comfort me that I was not in any danger and that this happens at least 1 or 2 times a week. (If that's the case, no idea why the problem hasn't been resolved...)

2. Waitress was pretty sarcastic and didn't really seem interested in taking my order. We both ordered the truffle omelette (i.e. 2 servings of the same dish).

3. Only one truffle omelette arrived. I enquired to see whether the other one was on its way. Had the delight of dealing with the same waitress who thought that I had only ordered one and assumed we were sharing. Apparently I should have realised that she thought we were sharing when she said "Is that all?!", implying I had ordered too little? Wow. Perhaps she could have asked "are we sharing?" if she was unsure.

4. Took about 20mins for the other truffle omelette to arrive. Was happy to wait and can understand that the order could have been confused. Wait was definitely not worth it. Omelette was drenched in oil, the bread was only toasted on one side (which was burnt). The half-toast was also soaked in oil too.

5. Experience was topped off with no apology (as I presume the waitress believed it was my fault and that I should suffer and apologise to her for not doing my job of eating terrible food).

6. Can't wait to recommend this place to others if they are after a "fire alarm" atmosphere, sarcastic and unhelpful staff, a breakfast coated in oil and partially cooked food. Great start to the weekend.

Well done guys.