1831 Boutique Hotel
$137
$215
$179
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
  • Room Service
$197
$176
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$155
Hotels.com
$158
Hotels.com
$245
$164
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$141
$136
$189
$180
1,413 results
All reviewsguest loungegeorge streetgreat locationdarling harbourcentral stationtriple roomcapitol theatresmall roomfirst floorrain showerclose to china townpaddy's marketlight railfree busfamily roomair conditionerstreet noise
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in April. It is in the heart of the lively chinatown district, close to all the main attractions. We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel so there was no street noise. The rooms are tiny but very stylish (and you are not likely to be spending much time in the room with so much to do in Sydney). The best thing about this hotel is the price, we booked online in advance and it was great value. There is a coffee shop about two doors up which was handy for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensione_Hotel, Manager at 1831 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

Dear LeBristol,
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be in a fantastic location and great value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Excellent location, staff, rooms etc...
I really felt comfortable, and it's right in the heart of Sydney city.
Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Pensione_Hotel, Manager at 1831 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Dear Universal17,

We are delighted you found your recent stay to be “Brilliant” and would love to welcome you back to the hotel when you return to Sydney. Thank you so much for providing this feedback, I will certainly pass it onto the team.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed at the Pensione Sydney for a weekend back in April and found the hotel to be a really great place to stay. I originally booked as they had a great special going through Expedia and I thought I would give it a go. I couldn't fault it - you get what you pay for and I was impressed with all aspects of the hotel.

The locations is excellent - really close to everything which is handy when you don't know Sydney that well. The staff were excellent and had great local knowledge. Rooms are on the small side, but hey, you can't have everything. They were clean, comfortable and even though I was on the street side I didn't hear any noise.

I'll definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear SasDex83,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we are glad we made your weekend away impressive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

When the taxi driver had difficulty finding the hotel and he drew up in front wooden double doors on the edge of China Town I wondered what I had let myself in for! I dragged my bags up the front steps and into the lift up to the reception and was actually met by a pleasant, helpful staff member who after upgrading the room gave me useful information of how to get around Sydney.
It was a bit of a pain to get the luggage into the lift again, up some stairs but once in the room I was surprised how quite it was, clean, had a flat screen tv and a decent bathroom.
Like any budget hotel right in the heart of the city don't expect a view, I wasn't intending to stay in my room so that didn't matter.
The TV has BBC World News, which although a small consideration, meant I could keep up with an important breaking news story at home.
Armed with the staff's information I was able to walk up the street to catch the train to Circular Quay just 2 stops away.
The buses also stop on George street.
The hotel is in a similar area to a few backpackers hostels but is far superior in its standards.
The door is shut at 10pm but a code is given for easy access.
Breakfast is not included but there plenty of places to eat including a lovely French style patisserie across the road.
Being in China Town, I thought I was still in Hong Kong, there are a variety of ethnic places to eat.
For the center of a city it is quiet and easily excessable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Pensione_Hotel, Manager at 1831 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Thank you so much for your feedback. The hotel prides itself on providing a unique point of difference from regular hotels and is pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and I´ll try to leave a fair review.
We arrived really early (around 9am) and we could check in (check time was supposed to be at 2pm) so we could have a nap in our room after a long trip.
Our problem is that the first night we had a room that was just above a pub... it was a friday night with the World Cup on (from 1am til 7 am in Australia) so were hearing the broadcasting and music the whole night. The next morning we told the guy on the front desk about this problem and he gave us a new room a free internet for 1 day (12$), the problem now was that the new room had old windows and let the cold from outside come into the room and also noise from some building construction that started at 7am.
The hotel was clean and had a convenient location, just minutes from Chinatown. Also there is a free shuttle bus stop just meters from the main door, so you can go to the Opera Area for free.
Overall the hotel was good but I guess we had bad luck, maybe if we had stay in weekday our experience would have been different.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensione_Hotel, Manager at 1831 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

The Pensione Hotel Sydney would like to sincerely apologise for your recent experience at the hotel. We make every effort to minimise any disruptions to our guests that may be caused from external sources and will do every thing possible to rectify any issues immediately once they arise. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and thank you for providing this valuable feedback.