We are a couple in our mid 60s. We usually select 3* hotels out of choice. This one surprised us on arrival because it was linked to an Air New Zealand deal and we had expected something else. We had booked for 6 nights. After a couple of days we tried the breakfast - excellent value and nice to have some interaction. As an engineer I could appreciate the design - everything was kept very simple but functional. We had a great harbour view and didn't mind the Williams Street noise too much. We've stayed in expensive apartments and hotels around Oz that have been depressing and untidy - everything in the room worked and it was clean and tidy. Clean towels every day. Fridges for food. Hot drinks at any hour from machines. Formula 1 seems to span the gap between budget hotel, backpacker, and youth hostel very well. We'd definitely use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes from the Sydney CBD in the cosmopolitan East Sydney, Formule 1 Sydney East is the ideal inner city budget accommodation. The lively area boasts a huge range of restaurants, bars and clubs; and is within walking distance to the city, Sydney shopping, museums, art galleries, Hyde Park and the colourful Oxford Street.From the close by train station, Bondi Junction, Circular Quay and many more attractions are only a few stops away. Rooms feature a queen size bed with single or double bunk, twin beds or quad share rooms and all have a private en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and LCD TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis budget Sydney East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formule 1 Sydney East Hotel Sydney
- Formule 1 Kings Cross Sydney