if you plan to stay at this hotel make sure you don't need to drive there, parking in the area is scarce at best and if you have to pay for parking either at the hotel or at a nearby parking station you'll pay approx $40.
however the location is pretty hard to beat and for the $99 that I paid it's central to transport and an excellent nightlife scene.
the carpet in the room i stayed in felt a bit damp or greasy, couldn't put my finger on it. not sure whether it was the actual feel of the pile or whether the cleaners had been a bit oversealous with the products but it's something they could work on
also - windows facing william st need to be regularly cleaned. rooms on the top floor have pretty nice views but not so much when there is a layer of grime over the top of the window
overall i would recommend this hotel for a 1-2 night budget stay if you're only there to sleep and explore the city
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes from the Sydney CBD in the cosmopolitan East Sydney, Formule 1 Sydney East is the ideal inner city budget accommodation. The lively area boasts a huge range of restaurants, bars and clubs; and is within walking distance to the city, Sydney shopping, museums, art galleries, Hyde Park and the colourful Oxford Street.From the close by train station, Bondi Junction, Circular Quay and many more attractions are only a few stops away. Rooms feature a queen size bed with single or double bunk, twin beds or quad share rooms and all have a private en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and LCD TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ibis budget Sydney East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Formule 1 Sydney East Hotel Sydney
- Formule 1 Kings Cross Sydney